Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
A Women's Shelter is a place of temporary refuge and support for women escaping violent situations, such as rape, and domestic violence. Having the ability to leave a situation of violence is valuable for women who are under attack because such situations frequently involve an imbalance of power that limits the woman's financial options.
A response to violence against women, a women's shelter sometimes also serves as a place for women to organize for equality, which is an important distinction from standard government-funded service-based approaches to domestic violence.
The most dangerous time for a domestic violence sufferer is on the point of exit. If their spouse catches them on their exit then they are at the most risk of being seriously injured or killed .
- Hot Peach Pages International inventory of hotlines, shelters, refuges, crisis centres
- Homeless Women's Shelters and Resources
- Women's Homeless Shelter Wiki - add a resource
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (toll-free, United States)
- List of State Domestic Violence Coalitions to find domestic violence services in your state
- Canadian Association of Sexual Assault Centres
- Interval House Women's Shelters - Rebuilding Lives (Toronto)
- ShelterNet To find a women's shelter in Canada
- The Marjaree Mason Center Domestic Violence Shelter (Central California)
- Tallinn Crisis Centre for Women Non-profit organisation of Tallinn Crisis Centre for Women helps women who fall victims of violence in the close relationships.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|