Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
He was elected to the Royal Society in 1951 and speaker at the Gifford lectures from 1969 to 1971.
He was president of the British Ornithologists' Union from 1955 to 1960.
- Learning and Instinct in Animals (1956) Methuen, London ISBN 0-416-57920-5
- Biology,psychology,and belief (Arthur Stanley Eddington memorial lectures) (1960)
- Bird-Song. The biology of vocal communication and expression in birds, University Press, Cambridge 1961, (Cambridge monographs in experimental biology; Vol. 12)
- Biology and Nature of Man (Riddell Memorial Lecture) (1962)
- Duetting and antiphonal song in birds. Its extent and significance, Brill, Leiden 1972, ISBN 90-04-03432-3 (Behaviour / Supplements; Vol. 18)
- Quakers and Humanists (Swarthmore Lectures) (1968)
- Animal Nature and Human Nature (1975)
- Science, Man and Morals. Based upon the Freemantle lectures, delivered in Balliol College, Oxford, Trinity term 1963, Greenwood, Westport, Conn. 1976, ISBN 0-8371-8143-7
- Purpose in a World of Chance: A Biologist's View (1978)
- The origins and rise of ethology. The science of the natural behaviour of animals, Heinemann, London 1979, ISBN 0-435-62441-5
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography article by Alan Costall, ‘Thorpe, William Homan (1902–1986)’, accessed 19 June 2007.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|