Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
The test consists of 400 black and white figures that the subject is asked to rate on a forced choice "like" or "dislike" basis.
- Aitken, L.R. (1967). A review of research on the Welsh Figure Preference Test
References & BibliographyEdit
Anderson, G. V. (1960). Review of Welsh Figure Preference Test (Research Edition): Journal of Counseling Psychology Vol 7(4) Win 1960, 310-311.
- Bottenberg, E. H., Finster, H., & Wehner, E. G. (1974). On the complex characteristics of creativity under inclusion of personality characteristics, social position, cognitive style as well as educational conditions: Psychologie und Praxis Vol 18(4) Oct-Dec 1974, 133-140.
- Cashdan, S., & Welsh, G. S. (1966). Personality Correlates of Creative Potential in Talented High School Students: Journal of Personality 34(3) 1966, 445-455.
- Cornwell, H. G. (1969). Figure preference and personality: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 29(3) Dec 1969, 812-814.
- Ellison, B. A. (1973). Creativity in black artists: A comparison of selected creativity measures using judged creativity as a criterion: Journal of Non-White Concerns in Personnel & Guidance Vol 1(3) Apr 1973, 150-157.
- Eysenck, H. J., & Furnham, A. (1993). Personality and the Barron-Welsh Art Scale: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 76(3, Pt 1) Jun 1993, 837-838.
- Golann, S. E. (1962). The creativity motive: Journal of Personality 30(4) 1962, 588-600.
- Goor, A., & Rapoport, T. (1977). Enhancing creativity in an informal educational framework: Journal of Educational Psychology Vol 69(5) Oct 1977, 636-643.
- Grant, T. N., & Domino, G. (1976). Masculinity-femininity in fathers of creative male adolescents: Journal of Genetic Psychology Vol 129(1) Sep 1976, 19-27.
- Helwig, L. D. (1975). Differences in creativity among homogeneous groups of students using the Torrance Tests of Creative Thinking and the Welsh Figure Preference Test: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 41(2) Oct 1975, 491-494.
- Hirschfeld, R. M., Matthews, S. M., Mosher, L. R., & Menn, A. Z. (1977). Being with madness: Personality characteristics of three treatment staffs: Hospital & Community Psychiatry Vol 28(4) Apr 1977, 267, 273.
- Holtzman, W. H., Swartz, J. D., & Thorpe, J. S. (1971). Artists, architects, and engineers: Three contrasting modes of visual experience and their psychological correlates: Journal of Personality Vol 39(3) Sep 1971, 432-449.
- Keefe, J. A., & Magaro, P. A. (1980). Creativity and schizophrenia: An equivalence of cognitive processing: Journal of Abnormal Psychology Vol 89(3) Jun 1980, 390-398.
- King, R., Curtis, D., & Knoblich, G. (1991). Complexity preference in substance abusers and controls: Relationships to diagnosis and personality variables: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 72(1) Feb 1991, 35-39.
- Koenig, F., Sulzer, J., Newland, V., & Sturgeon, L. (1973). Cognitive complexity and moral judgment in middle and lower class children: Child Study Journal Vol 3(1) 1973, 43-52.
- Kroger, R. O. (1967). Effects of Role Demands and Test-Cue Properties Upon Personality Test Performance: Journal of Consulting Psychology Vol 31(3) Jun 1967, 304-312.
- Kroger, R. O. (1968). Effects of Implicit and Explicit Task Cues Upon Personality Test Performance: Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology Vol 32(4) Aug 1968, 498.
- Kroger, R. O., & Turnbull, W. (1970). Effects of role demands and test-cue properties on personality test performance: Replication and extension: Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology Vol 35(3) Dec 1970, 381-387.
- Littlejohn, M. T. (1967). Creativity and Masculinity-Femininity in Ninth Graders: Perceptual and Motor Skills 25(3) 1967, 737-743.
- Mackinnon, D. W. (1961). Fostering creativity in students of engineering: Journal of Engineering Education 52 1961, 129-142.
- Maitra, A. K., Mukerji, K., & Raychaudhuri, M. (1967). Artistic creativity among the delinquents and the criminals: Associated perceptual style: Bulletin of the Council of Social & Psychological Research, Calcutta No 9 Jul 1967, 7-10.
- McDermid, C. D. (1965). Some correlates of creativity in engineering personnel: Journal of Applied Psychology Vol 49(1) Feb 1965, 14-19.
- McWhinnie, H. J. (1967). Some Relationships between Creativity and Perception in Sixth-Grade Children: Perceptual and Motor Skills 25(3) 1967, 979-980.
- McWhinnie, H. J. (1967). A Study of the Relationships between Figure Preferences for Complexity-Asymmetry and Preferences in Works of Art in Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Grade Children: Scientia Paedagogica Experimentalis 4(2) 1967, 207-230.
- McWhinnie, H. J. (1968). The effects of a learning experience upon the preference for complexity and asymmetry in fifth grade children: California Journal of Educational Research 19(4) 1968, 183-189.
- McWhinnie, H. J. (1972). Two correlational studies of the relationships between aesthetic preferences for complexity-asymmetry and figure drawing performance measures in sixth grade children: Scientia Paedagogica Experimentalis Vol 9(1) 1972, 52-61.
- McWhinnie, H. J. (1973). Perceptual learning in art: Possible or impossible? : Scientia Paedagogica Experimentalis Vol 10(2) 1973, 161-169.
- Mitchell, M. M. (1971). Analysis of Welsh Figure Preference Test scores of educable mentally handicapped children: Training School Bulletin Vol 67(4) Feb 1971, 214-219.
- Mitchell, M. M. (1971). Personality assessment of retarded children: Training School Bulletin Vol 68(3) Nov 1971, 186-192.
- Oziel, L. J., Oziel, L. D., & Cohen, R. H. (1972). Effects of instructional set on production of creative responses: Psychological Reports Vol 31(1) Aug 1972, 93-94.
- Rawlings, D., & Georgiou, G. (2004). Relating the Components of Figure Preference to the Components of Hypomania: Creativity Research Journal Vol 16(1) Jan 2004, 49-57.
- Renner, V., & Renner, J. C. (1971). Effects of a creativity training program on stimulus preferences: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 33(3, Pt 1) Dec 1971, 872-874.
- Ridley, D. R. (1977). Preference for stimulus complexity and architectural creativity: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 45(3, Pt 1) Dec 1977, 815-818.
- Rump, E. E. (1967). Sex Difference in Figure Preferences: Australian Psychologist 2(1) 1967.
- Sanders, S. (1976). Mutual group hypnosis as a catalyst in fostering creative problem solving: American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis Vol 19(1) Jul 1976, 62-66.
- Schuldberg, D., & Nichols, W. G. (1990). Using HyperCard to administer a figural test on the Apple Macintosh: Behavior Research Methods, Instruments & Computers Vol 22(4) Aug 1990, 417-420.
- Siebold, J. R. (1972). Children's rating responses as related to amount and recency of stimulus familiarization and stimulus complexity: Journal of Experimental Child Psychology Vol 14(2) Oct 1972, 257-264.
- Tomlinson, R. F., & Wilson, D. L. (1973). The effect of instructions to appear creative on test scores on creativity: Newsletter for Research in Mental Health & Behavioral Sciences Vol 15(2) May 1973, 29-31.
- Torrance, E. P. (1982). Hemisphericity and creative functioning: Journal of Research & Development in Education Vol 15(3) Spr 1982, 29-37.
- Van De Castle, R. L. (1962). Perceptual immaturity and acquiescence among various developmental levels: Journal of Consulting Psychology Vol 26(2) Apr 1962, 167-171.
- Van De Castle, R. L. (1965). Development and validation of Perceptual Maturity Scale using figure preferences: Journal of Consulting Psychology Vol 29(4) Aug 1965, 314-319.
- Welsh, G. S. (1966). Comparison of D-48, Terman CMT, and Art Scale scores of gifted adolescents: Journal of Consulting Psychology Vol 30(1) Feb 1966, 88.
- Welsh, G. S. (1969). Preferences for basic geometric shapes by American and Egyptian subjects: International Journal of Symbology Vol 1(1) Aug 1969, 58-66.
- Welsh, G. S. (1981). Personality assessment and origence/intellectence scales: Academic Psychology Bulletin Vol 3(3) Nov 1981, 401-409.
- Welsh, G. S., & Baucom, D. H. (1977). Sex, masculinity-femininity, and intelligence: Intelligence Vol 1(2) Apr 1977, 218-233.
- Welsh, G. S., & Swartz, J. D. (1976). Artists, architects and engineers: A further study of visual preferences scales: Revista Interamericana de Psicologia Vol 10(1-2) 1976, 25-31.
- Coffman, D. M. (1973). Exploratory use of the Welsh Figure Preference Test and the Welsh Model for personality assessment research in athletics: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Good, R. G. (1969). An analysis of the self-perceptions and other selected characteristics of effective and ineffective teachers: A study based on the educational philosophy of the fifth-year program in teacher education at the University of North Carolina: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Karnes, L. R. (1969). The comparison of scores of eighth-grade reading and nonreading boys on the Lorge-Thorndike tests, Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, the D 48 Test, and the Welsh Figure Preference Test, GW Scale: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Mitchell, M. M. (1969). The Revised Art Scale of the Welsh Figure Preference Test as a personality assessment instrument with educable mentally handicapped children: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Wahba, M. (1966). A multivariate analysis of a figure preference personality test: Dissertation Abstracts.