Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers.
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
The Word Memory Test was developed by Paul Green. It is a computer-based test that is designed to measure both verbal memory and biased responding (i.e. malingering). It measures memory on a number of dimensions and contains hidden scales, which serve to check the validity of the persons test scores.
References & BibliographyEdit
- Drane, D., Williamson, D.J., Stroup, E.S., Holmes, M.D., Jung, M., Koerner, E., Chayter, N., Wilensky, A.J. & Miller. J.W. (2006) Impairment is not equal in patients with epileptic and psychogenic nonepileptic seizures. Epilepsia, 47 (11) 1879-1886.
- Richman, J., Green, P. Gervais, R., Flaro, L., Merten, T., Brockhaus, R. Ranks, D. (2006) Objective Tests of Symptom Exaggeration in Independent Medical Examinations. Journal of Occupational & Environmental Medicine. 48(3):303-311, March 2006.
- Gervais, R., Rohling, M. Green, P. & Ford, W. (2004) A comparison of WMT, CARB and TOMM failure rates in non-head injury disability claimants. Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology, 19 (4) 475-487.
- Green, P. (in press) Spoiled for choice: Making comparisons between forced-choice effort tests. For K. Boone (Ed) Malingering of Neurocognitive Disorders. Guilford Press
- Green, P. (in press) Questioning common assumptions in depression. For J. Morgan & J. Sweet (Eds.). Neuropsychology of Malingering Casebook, New York: Taylor & Francis.
- Merten, T., Green, P., Henry, M., Blaskewitz, N., & Brockhaus, R. (2005) Analog validation of German language symptom validity tests and the influence of coaching. Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology, 20, 6, 719-727.
- Green, P. & Flaro, L. (2003), Word Memory Test performance in children. Child Neuropsychology, 9, 3, 189-207
- Green, P., Rohling, M.L, Iverson, G. & Gervais, R. (2003) Relationships between olfactory discrimination and head injury severity. Brain Injury, 17 (6) 479-496
- Rohling, M.L., Green, P., Allen, L. & Iverson, G.L. (2002) Depressive symptoms and neurocognitive test scores in patients passing symptom validity tests. Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology, 17 (3), 205-222
- Green, P. and Iverson, G. (2001) Validation of the Computerized Assessment of Response Bias in litigating patients with head injuries. The Clinical Neuropsychologist, 15 (4), 492-497.
- Green, P, Rohling, ML, Lees-Haley, PR & Allen LM. (2001) Effort has a greater effect on test scores than severe brain injury in compensation claimants. Brain Injury, 15 (12) 1045-1060
- Green, P. & Iverson, G.L. (2001) Effects of injury severity and cognitive exaggeration on olfactory deficits in head injury compensation claims. Neurorehabilitation, 16, 237-243
- Green, P. (2001), Why clinicians often disagree about the validity of test results, Neurorehabilitation, 16, 231-236
- Green, P. (2001) Comment on article "Does pain confound interpretation of neuropsychological test results?" Neurorehabilitation, 16, 305-306
- Green, P., Iverson, G. & Allen, L. Detecting malingering in head injury litigation with the Word Memory Test. Brain Injury, 1999, 13 (10) 813-819
- Green, P., Gervais, R., & Merten, T. (2005) Das Memory Complaints Inventory (MCI): Gedächtnisstörungen, Beschwerdenschilderung und Leistungsmotivation [The Memory Complaints Inventory (MCI): Memory impairment, symptom presentation, and test effort.] Neurologie & Rehabilitation, 11, 3, 139-144
- Green, P. (2004) Testmotivation und ihre Messung. Reportpsychologie, 29, 5, 303-308
- Brockhaus, R. & Merten, T.(2004), "Neuropsychologische Diagnostik suboptimalen Leistungsverhaltens mit dem Word Memory Test", Nervenarzt, 75, (9), 882-887.
- Green, P., Lees-Haley, P.R. & Allen, L.M. (2003) The Word Memory Test and the validity of neuropsychological test scores. In J. Hom & R.L. Denney (Eds) Detection of Response Bias in Forensic Neuropsychology New York, Haworth Medical Press
- Green, P. & Josey, F. (2002) The use of an earplug to increase speech comprehension in a subgroup of children with learning disabilities: an experimental treatment. Applied Neuropsychology, 9 (1) 13-22
- Green, P., Lees-Haley, P.R. & Allen, L.M. (2002) The Word Memory Test and the validity of neuropsychological test scores. Journal of Forensic Neuropsychology, 2, 3 / 4, 97-124
- Rohling, M.L., Allen, L.M. & Green, P. (2002) Who is exaggerating cognitive impairment and who is not? CNS Spectrums, 7 (5), 387-395
- Iverson, GL, Lange, RT, Green, P & Franzen, MD. (2002) Detecting exaggeration and malingering with the Trail Making Test. The Clinical Neuropsychologist, 16 (3) 398-406
- Ferrari, R., Obelieniene, D., Russell, A.S., Darlington, P., Gervais, R.O. & Green, P. (2002) Laypersons expectations of the sequelae of whiplash injury. A cross-cultural comparative study between Canada and Lithuania. Medical Science Monitor, 8 (11), 728-734
- Iverson, G., Turner, R.A. and Green, P. Predictive validity of WAIS-R VIQ-PIQ splits in persons with major depression. Journal of Clinical Psychology. 1999, 55 (4), 519-524
- Williamson, D, Rohling, M, Green, P & Allen, L. Evaluating effort with the Word Memory Test and Category Test Or not: Inconsistencies in a forensic sample. Accepted, Journal of Forensic Neuropsychology, 2001
- Iverson, G.L. & Green, P. (2001) Measuring improvement or decline on the WAIS-R in inpatient psychiatry. Psychological Reports, 89, 457-462
- Ferrari, R., Obelieniene, D., Russell, A.S., Darlington, P., Gervais, R.O. & Green, P. (2001) Symptom expectation after minor head injury. A comparative study between Canada and Lithuania. Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery, 103, 184-190
- Gervais, R.O., Russell, A.S., Green, P., Ferrari, R. and Pieschl, S D. (2001) Effort testing in patients with fibromyalgia and disability incentives. Journal of Rheumatology, 28, 1892-1899.
- Slick, D.J., Iverson, G.L. & Green, P. California Verbal Learning Test indicators of suboptimal performance in a sample of head-injury litigants. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology. Vol. 22 (5) 569-579, 2000.
- Gervais, R., Green, P., Allen, L.M. & Iverson, G. (2001). Effects of coaching on symptom validity testing in chronic pain patients presenting for disability assessments. Journal of Forensic Neuropsychology, 2 (2), 1-19.
- Iverson, G., Green, P. & Gervais, R. (1999) Using the Word Memory Test to detect biased responding in head injury litigation. The Journal of Cognitive Rehabilitation, 17 (2), 4-8,