Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
- Main article: Medicinal herbs and plants
In herbalism a number of extracts are said to improve psychological conditions.
List of herbs used to treat psychological conditionsEdit
- Rauvolfia Serpentina, used extensively in India for sleeplessness, anxiety, and high blood pressure. The first proven allopathic medicine for high blood pressure was extracted from this herb.
- St. John's wort, has yielded positive results, proving more effective than a placebo for the treatment of mild to moderate depression in some clinical trials.
- Valerian root can be used to treat insomnia. 
- Herbal sedatives
References & BibliographyEdit
- ↑ Gupta RK, Moller HJ. "St. John's Wort. An option for the primary care treatment of depressive patients?" Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2003 Jun;253(3):140-8. PMID 12904978