Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
- Main article: Medicinal herbs and plants
In herbalism a number of extracts are said to improve psychological conditions.
List of herbs used to treat psychological conditionsEdit
- Rauvolfia Serpentina, used extensively in India for sleeplessness, anxiety, and high blood pressure. The first proven allopathic medicine for high blood pressure was extracted from this herb.
- St. John's wort, has yielded positive results, proving more effective than a placebo for the treatment of mild to moderate depression in some clinical trials.
- Valerian root can be used to treat insomnia. 
- Herbal sedatives
References & BibliographyEdit
- ↑ Gupta RK, Moller HJ. "St. John's Wort. An option for the primary care treatment of depressive patients?" Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2003 Jun;253(3):140-8. PMID 12904978