Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Philosophy Index: Aesthetics · Epistemology · Ethics · Logic · Metaphysics · Consciousness · Philosophy of Language · Philosophy of Mind · Philosophy of Science · Social and Political philosophy · Philosophies · Philosophers · List of lists
References & BibliographyEdit
Kitcher, P. (1992). Freud’s Dream: A Complete Interdisciplinary Science of Mind. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- Henriques, G (2003) The Tree of Knowledge System and the Theoretical Unification of Psychology. Review of General Psychology, Vol. 7, No. 2, 150-182. Fulltext.
- Henriques, G (2004) Psychology Defined. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 60/12, pp. 1207-21. Full text
- Henriques, G & Sternberg, R J (2004) Unified professional psychology: Implications for the Combined-Integrated model of doctoral training. Journal of Clinical Psychology, Volume 60, Issue 10 , Pages 1051 - 1063. Abstract
- McNally, R J (1992). Disunity in psychology: Chaos or specializtion? American Psychologist, 47, 399-413.
- Slife, B D (2000) Are Discourse Communities Incommensurable in a Fragmented Psychology? The Possibility of Disciplinary Coherence. J. Mind & Behav,vol 21; pt 3, pages 261-272. ISBN 0271-0137
- Staats, W A (1999) Unifying Psychology Requires New Infrastructure, Theory, Method and a Research Agenda. Review of General Psychology, Vol. 3, No. 1,3-13. Full text
- Sternberg R J & Grigorenko E L (2001) Unified psychology. Am Psychol. Dec;56(12):1069-79. PMID 11802643
- Yanchar, S.C., & Slife, B.D. (1997). Pursuing unity in a fragmented psychology: Problems and prospects. Review of General Psychology, 1, 235-255. Full text
- Yanchar, S C(2004) Some discontents with theoretical unification: a response to Henriques' "psychology defined". J Clin Psychol. Dec;60(12):1279-81. PMID 15470739
- Dixon, R A (1983) Theoretical proliferation in psychology. A plea for sustained disunity. The Psychological Record 33, 337-40.
- Drob, S (1987) The dilemma of contemporary psychiatry. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 43, 54-67.
- Drob, S L (2003) The Dilema of Contemporary Psychology: A Dialectical Solution. Journal of Humanistic Psychology, Volume 43, No. 4, Full text
- Giorgi, A (1985) Theoretical plurality and unity in psychology. The Psychological Record, 35, 177-81.
- Koch, S. (1981) The nature and limits of psychological knowledge: Lessons of a quarter century qua science. American Psychologist, 36, 257-69.
- Kristensen, K B (1997) On What Basis are Evaluations Possible in a Fragmented Psychology. Paper presented at the 1997 Annual Meeting of the American Psychological Association.
- Martin, J. (1997) Fragmentation, Hermeneutics, and Liberal Education in Psychology. Paper presented at the 1997 Annual Meeting of the American Psychological Association.
- Staats, A W (1981) Paradigmatic behaviorism, unified theory, unified theory construction, and the zeitgeist of separatism. American Psychologist, 36, 239-256.
- Staats, A W (1986) Unified positivism: a philosophy for psychology and the disunified sciences. Theoretical and Philosophical Psychology 6, 77-90.
- Staats, A W (1991) Unified positivism and unification psychology: Fad or new field? American Psychologist, 46, 899-912.