Individual differences |
Professional items |
World psychology |
Group therapy ·
Types of problem ·
Areas of specialism ·
Therapeutic issues ·
Modes of delivery ·
Model translation project ·
Personal experiences ·
Treatment barriers in substance abuse treatment are an obstacle to drug addicts accessing the help they need.
Factors involved can include:
- Fear of treatment such as ECT, needles dental pain etc.
- Concerns around privacy. eg not wanting to go onto mixed sex wards.
- Concerns over confidentiality.
- Fear of stigma
- Fear of other people in the treatment facility
- Bad previous experience of treatments and or their settings.