Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
In contrast "normal" (cis-)splicing processes a single molecule. That is, trans-splicing results in an RNA transcript that came from multiple RNA polymerases on the genome. This phenomenon can be exploited for molecular therapy to address mutated gene products.
- ↑ (2009). Trans-splicing as a novel method to rapidly produce antibody fusion proteins. Biochemical and biophysical research communications 384 (3): 316–21.
- ↑ Li et al. (2008). A neoplastic gene fusion mimics trans-splicing of RNAs in normal human cells. Science 321 (5894): 1357–61.
- ↑ Rickman et al. (2009). SLC45A3-ELK4 is a novel and frequent erythroblast transformation-specific fusion transcript in prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 69 (7): 2734–8.
- Dixon RJ, Eperon IC, Samani NJ (2007). Complementary intron sequence motifs associated with human exon repetition: a role for intragenic, inter-transcript interactions in gene expression. Bioinformatics 23 (2): 150–5.
- Yang Y, Walsh CE (2005). Spliceosome-mediated RNA trans-splicing. Mol. Ther. 12 (6): 1006–12.
- Coady TH, Shababi M, Tullis GE, Lorson CL (2007). Restoration of SMN Function: Delivery of a Trans-splicing RNA Re-directs SMN2 Pre-mRNA Splicing. Molecular Therapy 15 (8): 1471–8.
- Wally V, Murauer EM, Bauer JW (2012). Spliceosome-mediated trans-splicing: the therapeutic cut and paste.. J Invest Dermatol. 132 (8): 1959-66.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|