Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Thom Hartmann (1951, Lansing, Michigan) is an American broadcaster, author, and psychotherapist. He is a lay scholar of the history and textual analysis of the United States Constitution, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD), electronic voting fraud, and environmental issues such as global warming. He hosts a 3-hour daily radio show broadcast on Sirius Satellite Radio, 29 terrestrial radio stations, and podcast via mp3 archives at The White Rose Society. His national program, which airs weekdays from noon until 3 p.m. ET, is now syndicated by Air America Radio.
He was born in Lansing, Michigan and became interested in politics at an early age. He reportedly campaigned in favor of Barry Goldwater during the U.S. presidential election, 1964. By 1967, Hartmann was protesting the Vietnam War with Students for a Democratic Society.
Generally counted as having progressive / liberal politics (although he describes himself as part of the radical middle) , he is the author of numerous books including Unequal Protection: The Rise of Corporate Dominance and Theft of Human Rights, in which he argues that the 1886 U.S. Supreme Court decision in Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Railroad Company (118 U.S. 394) did not actually grant corporate personhood, and that this doctrine derives from a mistaken interpretation of a Supreme Court reporter's notes. Hartmann considers this a clear contradiction of the intent of the Founding Fathers of the United States.  He has also written on the separation of Church and State, drawing upon the Federalist Papers to argue that the Founding Fathers warned against the notion of The United States of America being a Christian nation. He contends that the 2000 American election and 2004 American election were stolen through electronic tampering.
The book which won him the most critical acclaim is The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight and in 1999 he was invited by the Dalai Lama to spend a week in Dharamsala after reading his book.  Thom Hartmann won the Project Censored Award in 2004 for his book Unequal Protection 
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderEdit
Hartmann has authored in the area of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADD or ADHD) and adult attention-deficit disorder (AADD) and he is strongly associated with the now well-known hunter vs. farmer theory - that ADD is an expected evolutionary adaptation to hunting lifestyles. These individuals have the ability to rapidly shift their focus and external attention and to hold multiple trains of thought. This causes difficulties when they must live and work in cultures in which "farming" - well-planned, predictable, organized and repetitive behaviours are typical. Hartmann has established specialized schools for children with [AD/HD]. 
- 2005 Ultimate Sacrifice: John and Robert Kennedy, the Plan for a Coup in Cuba, and the Murder of JFK, Carroll & Graf. ISBN 0786714417.
- 2004 (revised ed.): Unequal Protection, Rodale Books. ISBN 1579549551.
- 2004 (revised ed.): The Prophet's Way, Park Street Press. ISBN 0892811986.
- 2004 (revised ed.): Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight, Three Rivers Press. ISBN 1400051576.
- 2003: The Edison Gene, Park Street Press. ISBN 0892811285.
- 2000: Thom Hartmann's Complete Guide to ADD, Underwood Books. ISBN 1887424520.
- 2000: The Greatest Spiritual Secret of the Century, Hampton Roads. ISBN 1571741666.
- 1997: ADD: A Different Perception, Underwood Books. ISBN 1887424148.
- 1996: Beyond ADD, Underwood Books. ISBN 1887424121.
- 1996: Think Fast!, Underwood Books. ISBN 1887424083.
- 1995: ADD Success Stories, Underwood Books. ISBN 1887424032.
- 1994: Focus Your Energy: Hunting for Success in Business, Pocket Books. ISBN 0671516892.
- 1994: ADHD Secrets of Success: Coaching Yourself to Fulfillment in the Business World, Select Books. ISBN 1590790170.
- ^ Thom Hartmann's page on Radical Middle
- ^ Thom Hartmann's page on Unequal Protection
- ^ Thom Hartmann's Press Section
- ^ Imagine 2004
- ^ Thom Hartmann's page on ADD
- Hartmann's official site
- Hartmann's discussion board
- Radio archive at The White Rose Society
- Website of KPOJ Portland
- LeftWingRadicals yahoogroup, for fans of Thom, and other liberal radio
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|