Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Foster Care Council of Canada is a Canadian non-profit organization comprised primarily of people who have lived in foster care and includes other members of the community who are concerned about the well-being of the country's 70,000 foster children.
It is based in Ontario.
The Foster Care Council of Canada is an Ottawa based, non-profit organization of both current and former child-welfare service clients who are dedicated to bringing positive change to child-welfare services in Canada.
It is our mission to seek out and and involve both current and former child-welfare service clients in the process of improving the quality and accountability of child-welfare services and their providors respectively through a united, strong, representative voice.
We will achieve our mission by;
- providing information on and involvement in the legislative process
- providing information on the use of online and community based legal resources
- initiating periodic events (annual conferences, public & private reunions, etc.)
- launching public awareness campaigns (legislative reviews, issue/rights awareness)
- publishing a newsletter (the Crown Ward)
- supporting, intervening in, or initiating -- as a last resort -- legal actions where both necessary and appropriate in the public interest
Recent Legal ActionsEdit
- Children's Aid Society of Ottawa charged for violating section 307 (5) of the Corporations Act, RSO 1990, c. C-38, as amended