Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
The Cochrane Library is a collection of databases in medicine and other healthcare specialties provided by the Cochrane Collaboration. At its core is a database of systematic reviews and meta-analyses which summarise and interpret the results of high-quality medical research. The Cochrane Library aims to make the results of well-conducted controlled trials readily available. It is a key resource in evidence-based medicine.
The Cochrane Library is a subscription-based database, originally published by Update Software and now part of the Wiley Interscience system. In many countries, including the United Kingdom, Ireland, Scandinavia, New Zealand and South Africa, it has been made available free to all residents by "national provision". There are also arrangements for free access in much of Latin America and in "low-income countries".
Featured databases are:
- The Cochrane Database of Systemic Reviews (Cochrane Reviews)
- The Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE)
- The Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL)
- The Cochrane Database of Methodology Reviews (Methodology Reviews)
- The Cochrane Methodology Register (Methodology Register)
- Health Technology Assessment Database (HTA)
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database (NHS EED)
The Cochrane Library on Wiley Interscience
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|