Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
The Analysis of Verbal Behavior (TAVB) is a scientific journal that was established in 1982 as a peer-reviewed psychology journal. It publishes research in conceptual and empirical analysis of verbal behavior and problems of social importance.
The journal was created by Mark Sundberg in 1982 after he completed his PhD at Western Michigan University in 1980. TAVB was previously a newsletter called the VB Newsletters and no publications appeared in 1984.
The current editor (2012) is Anna I. Pétursdóttir PhD, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth.
Importance of the journalEdit
[...] even though one may be able to do good works without talking about it correctly, I can't help but believe that even better works are possible when verbal practices are not seriously flawed.
- The journal is indexed, in PsycINFO and it is published yearly by the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI). It typically publishes 10–20 articles per year. Its ISSN is 08889-9401.
- TAVB is a delayed open access journal: recent reprints, volume 22, 2006 onwards, are available free from ABAI. From 1982 to 2000 TAVB has published 150 articles in Experimental Analysis of Behavior, Applied Behavior Analysis, and Conceptual Behavior Analysis. TAVB features scientific articles on the various functions of language such as mand, tact, intraverbals, listener behavior and rule-governed behavior, autoclitics, multiple control, private events, epistemology, language acquisition, language assessment and training, second languages, pedagogy, the verbal behavior of nonhumans, verbal behavior research methodology, and the history of verbal behavior analysis.
Technologies and applicationsEdit
Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement ProgramEdit
VB MAPP is an example of technology used in behavioral interventions that is based on the type of research done in TAVB.
Functional analytic psychotherapyEdit
No details for its impact factors are available to date.
- ↑ Eshleman, J.W. (1991). Quantified trends in the history of verbal Behavior research. The Analysis of Verbal Behavior, 9, 61–80.
- ↑ Jack Michael (1986). Repertoire-altering effects of remote contingencies. The Analysis of Verbal Behavior, 4, 10–18.
- ↑ Matthew P. Normand, Jeffrey F. Fossa, and Alan Poling (2000) Publication Trends in The Analysis of Verbal Behavior: 1982–1998. The Analysis of Verbal Behavior, 17, 167–173
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|