Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Studies of expert to layperson communicationEdit
- Blue collar workers
- Business and industrial personnel
- Nonprofessional personnel
- Service personnel
- Technical personnel
References & BibliographyEdit
- Baker, C., Emmison, M., & Firth, A. (2005). Calibrating for competence in calls to technical support. Amsterdam, Netherlands: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
- Houtkoop, H., Jansen, F., & Walstock, A. (2005). Collaborative problem description in help desk calls. Amsterdam, Netherlands: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
- Kraan, W. (2005). The metaphoric use of space in expert-lay interaction about computing systems. Amsterdam, Netherlands: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
- Murtagh, G. M. (2005). Some initial reflections on conversational structures for instruction giving. Amsterdam, Netherlands: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
- Baranzini, D., Bacchi, M., & Cacciabue, P. C. (2001). A tool for evaluation and identification of training needs in aircraft maintenance teams: Human Factors and Aerospace Safety Vol 1(2) 2001, 167-193.
- Bechky, B. A. (2003). Sharing meaning across occupational communities: The transformation of understanding on a production floor: Organization Science Vol 14(3) May-Jun 2003, 312-330.
- Blau, G. (1981). An empirical investigation of job stress, social support, service length, and job strain: Organizational Behavior & Human Performance Vol 27(2) Apr 1981, 279-302.
- Bonnet, M. (1975). The use of simulation to teach the diagnosis of mechanical failures: Bulletin du C E R P Vol 23(2) Apr-Jun 1975, 81-116.
- Brassac, C. (2001). Training and dialogism: An example of situated and distributed learning: Orientation Scolaire et Professionnelle Vol 30(2) Jun 2001, 243-270.
- Catano, V. M. (1976). Improvement in workers' performance through feedback of information on system performance: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 42(2) Apr 1976, 487-490.
- Catano, V. M. (1976). Preparation of aircraft engines under programmed learning procedures: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 42(2) Apr 1976, 540-542.
- Chen, S.-S. (2007). Digital preservation: Organizational commitment, archival stability, and technological continuity: Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce Vol 17(3) 2007, 205-215.
- Comeau, B. J. (1986). Does your CBT course teach performance? : Training & Development Journal Vol 40(7) Jul 1986, 42-44.
- Das, A. (2003). Knowledge and Productivity in Technical Support Work: Management Science Vol 49(4) Apr 2003, 416-431.
- Eschenfelder, K., Heckman, R., & Sawyer, S. (1998). The distribution of computing: The knowledge markets of distributed technical support specialists: Information Technology & People Vol 11(2) 1998, 84-103.
- Fallman, D. (2003). Mediated reality through glasses or binoculars? Exploring use models of wearable computing in the context of aircraft maintenance: International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction Vol 15(2) 2003, 265-284.
- Flaherty, J. J. (1975). The two-year college: Answer to the needs of the career-minded student: College Student Journal Vol 9(1) Feb-Mar 1975, 46-48.
- Fotheringhame, J. (1984). Transfer of training: A field investigation of youth training: Journal of Occupational Psychology Vol 57(3) Sep 1984, 239-248.
- Gallegos, R. C., & Phelan, J. G. (1977). Effects on productivity and morale of a systems-designed job-enrichment program in Pacific Telephone: Psychological Reports Vol 40(1) Feb 1977, 283-290.
- Garrigou, A., Carballeda, G., & Daniellou, F. (1998). The role of "know-how" in maintenance activities and reliability in a high-risk process control plant: Applied Ergonomics Vol 29(2) Apr 1998, 127-131.
- Gospodarek, T. (1971). The interest of the technical intelligentsia in the TV theatre: Studia Socjologiczne No 4(43) 1971, 77-94.
- Gruenfeld, L. W., & MacEachron, A. E. (1975). A cross-national study of cognitive style among managers and technicians: International Journal of Psychology Vol 10(1) 1975, 27-55.
- Haynes, M. E. (1973). Do appraisal reviews improve performance? : Public Personnel Management Vol 2(2) Mar 1973, 128-132.
- Hlavsa, J., & Landa, E. (1975). An attempt to determine the relation between aspiration and creativity: Ceskoslovenska Psychologie Vol 19(2) 1975, 140-148.
- Ivancevich, J. M. (1976). Predicting job performance by use of ability tests and studying job satisfaction as a moderating variable: Journal of Vocational Behavior Vol 9(1) Aug 1976, 87-97.
- James, P. (1996). Learning to reflect: A story of empowerment: Teaching and Teacher Education Vol 12(1) Jan 1996, 81-97.
- Kerber, K. W., & Campbell, J. P. (1987). Job satisfaction: Identifying the important parts among computer sales and service personnel: Journal of Business and Psychology Vol 1(4) Sum 1987, 337-352.
- Krylova, N. V., & Bokovikov, A. K. (1982). Construction of a normative model of a complex-systems operator's speech: Psikologicheskii Zhurnal Vol 3(6) 1982, 60-65.
- Lazarov, A., & Shoval, P. (2002). A rule-based system for automatic assignment of technicians to service faults: Decision Support Systems Vol 32(4) Mar 2002, 343-360.
- Little, C. B. (1976). Technical-professional unemployment: Middle-class adaptability to personal crisis: Sociological Quarterly Vol 17(2) Spr 1976, 262-274.
- London, M., Cheney, L. A., & Tavis, R. L. (1977). The relationship between cosmopolitan-local orientation and job performance: Journal of Vocational Behavior Vol 11(2) Oct 1977, 182-195.
- Maddock, R. C., Kenny, C. T., Lupfer, M. B., & Rosen, C. V. (1976). A nonreactive measure of lost time among employees: Journal of Psychology: Interdisciplinary and Applied Vol 92(2) Mar 1976, 199-203.
- Morris, J. L., & Wise, J. J. (1972). Personality characteristics of data processing personnel: Australian Psychologist Vol 7(3) Nov 1972, 173-179.
- Ozunu, D. (1977). Psychological factors in the occupational training of locksmiths: Revista de Psihologie Vol 23(4) Oct-Dec 1977, 475-488.
- Pentland, B. T. (1992). Organizing moves in software support hot lines: Administrative Science Quarterly Vol 37(4) Dec 1992, 527-548.
- Popperova, M. (1971). Some methodological problems relating to tests of creative thinking: Ceskoslovenska Psychologie Vol 15(4) 1971, 391-397.
- Porret, J., & Frischknecht, E. (1975). The automobile mechanics' apprentices: A study of the validity of a selection procedure: Schweizerische Zeitschrift fur Psychologie und ihre Anwendungen/ Revue suisse de Psychologie pure et appliquee Vol 34(2) 1975, 141-159.
- Rasmussen, J., & Jensen, A. (1974). Mental procedures in real-life tasks: A case study of electronic trouble shooting: Ergonomics Vol 17(3) May 1974, 293-307.
- Reilly, R. R., & Manese, W. R. (1979). The validation of a minicourse for telephone company switching technicians: Personnel Psychology Vol 32(1) Spr 1979, 83-90.
- Rice, R. E., & Tyler, J. (1995). Individual and organizational influences on voice mail use and evaluation: Behaviour & Information Technology Vol 14(6) Nov-Dec 1995, 329-341.
- Ross, P. C. (1974). A relationship between training efficiency and employee selection: Improving Human Performance Vol 3(3) Fal 1974, 108-117.
- Schroeder, D. J. (2007). Take it or check it: The front line in handling checked baggage: PsycCRITIQUES Vol 52 (47), 2007.
- Sellman, W. S. (1972). Reducing the literacy demands of training materials as one means of increasing learning in low-ability personnel: Journal of Experimental Education Vol 41(2) Win 1972, 54-59.
- Sims, H. P., & Szilagyi, A. D. (1975). Leader reward behavior and subordinate satisfaction and performance: Organizational Behavior & Human Performance Vol 14(3) Dec 1975, 426-438.
- Sparrow, P. R., & Davies, D. R. (1988). Effects of age, tenure, training, and job complexity on technical performance: Psychology and Aging Vol 3(3) Sep 1988, 307-314.
- Steiner, D. D., & Truxillo, D. M. (1987). Another look at the job satisfaction-life satisfaction relationship: A test of the disaggregation hypothesis: Journal of Occupational Behaviour Vol 8(1) Jan 1987, 71-77.
- Strizenec, M. (1973). Psychological analysis of work and selection of computer operators and programmers: Studia Psychologica Vol 15(3) 1973, 194-205.
- Vallery, G. (2004). Service relations and ergonomic contribution: Grasping the dynamic and situated character of activity with an analysis of "agent-client" interactions: Activites Vol 1(2) 2004, 121-146.
- Zaharia, E. S., & Baumeister, A. A. (1978). Technician turnover and absenteeism in public residential facilities: American Journal of Mental Deficiency Vol 82(6) May 1978, 580-593.
- Gutchess, J. F. (1988). A training consortium: General Motors' Automotive Service Educational Program. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Barnes, P. H. (1974). A study of personality characteristics of selected computer programmers and computer programmer trainees: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Bunker, K. A. (1976). Pretest effects in industrial training evaluation: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Donahue, K. A. (1996). Radiologic technologists: Alienation and deskilling in a "high technology" profession. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Hill, J. K. (1975). A comparison of Myers-Briggs types among Black and White technical clinical laboratory personnel: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Koch, J. L. (1972). Technicians: A study of their needs and the effects of need fulfillment and status inconsistency on organizational integration: Dissertation Abstracts International Vol.
- Little, C. B. (1973). Stress responses among unemployed technical-professionals: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Maynard, M. (1976). Occupational, continuing learning, and social support orientation of rehabilitation facilities personnel: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Rosen, S. D. (1975). A moderated-multivariate prediction of job tenure: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Summers, L. S. (1977). People's attitudes about their jobs and about what they do off the job: A causal analysis: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Testerman, W. D. (1976). Decision style and job selection in the computer industry: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Wilson, D. L. (2005). Professional expertise and pharmacy technicians. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Xiong, Y. (1996). On some aspects of the influence of organizational factors on risk: Deep technical knowledge measurement; root cause of operational experience; and design change work process analyses. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.