Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Teaching machines are an example of instructional technology where the presentation of programmed educational material is managed by a computer or similar machine so that people can learn independently at their own pace.
- Boulay, B. d., & Sothcott, C. (1987). Computers teaching programming: An introductory survey of the field. Westport, CT: Ablex Publishing.
- Burns, H., Parlett, J. W., & Redfield, C. L. (1991). Intelligent tutoring systems: Evolutions in design. Hillsdale, NJ, England: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.
- Clements, D. H., & Sarama, J. (1997). Children's mathematical reasoning with the turtle programming metaphor. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers.
- Desrochers, M. N., & Gentry, G. D. (2004). Effective use of computers in instruction. San Diego, CA: Elsevier Academic Press.
- Deterline, W. A. (1962). Introduction. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Deterline, W. A. (1962). Pressey and Skinner. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Halff, H. M. (1988). Curriculum and instruction in automated tutors. Hillsdale, NJ, England: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.
- Pea, R. D., & Sheingold, K. (1987). Mirrors of minds: Patterns of experience in educational computing. Westport, CT: Ablex Publishing.
- Schank, R. C., & Cleary, C. (1995). Engines for education. Hillsdale, NJ, England: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.
- Alexander, A. G. (1980). A model of systems for instruction: Individualization of teaching in occupational education: Revista Latinoamericana de Psicologia Vol 12(3) 1980, 495-501.
- Alexeyev, O. L. (1985). On the structure of programming process: Defektologiya No 6 1985, 3-8.
- Anderson-Inman, L., Knox-Quinn, C., & Horney, M. A. (1996). Computer-based study strategies for students with learning disabilities: Individual differences associated with adoption level: Journal of Learning Disabilities Vol 29(5) Sep 1996, 461-484.
- Armitage, N., & Bowerman, C. (2002). Knowledge pooling in CALL: Programming an online language learning system for reusability, maintainability and extensibility: Computer Assisted Language Learning Vol 15(1) Feb 2002, 27-53.
- Ashton, C. J. (1992). The Franklin Elementary Spellmaster: An evaluation with particular reference to children with specific spelling difficulties: AEP (Association of Educational Psychologists) Journal Vol 8(2) Jul 1992, 67-75.
- Benjamin, L. T. (1988). A history of teaching machines: American Psychologist Vol 43(9) Sep 1988, 703-712.
- Bennett, R., & Kottasz, R. (2001). Marketing undergraduates' attitudes towards query-based instructional machines as a possible learning medium: British Journal of Educational Technology Vol 32(4) Sep 2001, 471-482.
- Bisanz, G. L., & Striley, J. (1994). From Teaching Machines to Intelligent Tutoring Systems: New Insights into Automated Instruction: PsycCRITIQUES Vol 39 (12), Dec, 1994.
- Bliss, J. C. (1974). Comments on the Tobin and James paper, "Evaluating the Optacon: General reflections on reading machines for the blind." American Foundation for the Blind, Research Bulletin No 28 Oct 1974, 159-164.
- Bohman, R. V., Bryan, W. H., & Tapp, K. L. (1972). The auditory quiz board: An orientation and mobility game for visually handicapped elementary school children: New Outlook for the Blind Vol 66(10) Dec 1972, 371-373.
- Buck, G. H. (1990). A history of teaching machines: American Psychologist Vol 45(4) Apr 1990, 551-552.
- Carini, L. (1971). Operational reinforcement and nonoperational "reinforcement": Reply to "Reinforcement for Skinner." American Psychologist Vol 26(5) May 1971, 517-518.
- Cheng, K.-W., & Chen, Y.-F. (2008). Student-instructor communication: An innovative teaching material in support of student learning: Journal of Instructional Psychology Vol 35(1) Mar 2008, 24-31.
- Clarebout, G., Elen, J., Johnson, W. L., & Shaw, E. (2002). Animated pedagogical agents: An opportunity to be grasped? : Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia Vol 11(3) 2002, 267-286.
- Cleaves, M. (1976). Variables in programmed audio-visual instruction with average students: Educational Technology Vol 16(2) Feb 1976, 9-12.
- Collis, B., & Strijker, A. (2003). Re-usable learning objects in context: International Journal on E-Learning Vol 2(4) Oct-Dec 2003, 5-16.
- Cotton, J. (1976). Review of Educational psychology: PsycCRITIQUES Vol 21 (7), Jul, 1976.
- Ducharme, J. M., & DiAdamo, C. (2005). An Errorless Approach to Management of Child Noncompliance in a Special Education Setting: School Psychology Review Vol 34(1) 2005, 107-115.
- Elkind, D. (1968). Review of L'Enseignement Programme: PsycCRITIQUES Vol 13 (2), Feb, 1968.
- Elkind, D. (1989). Educational reform: Science Vol 244(4905) May 1989, 631-632.
- Evans, S., & Douglas, G. (2008). E-learning and blindness: A comparative study of the quality of an E-learning experience: Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness Vol 102(2) Feb 2008, 77-88.
- Garland, H. (1974). An experimental one-hand Optacon: American Foundation for the Blind, Research Bulletin No 28 Oct 1974, 165-168.
- Hallgren, R. C., Parkhurst, P. E., Monson, C. L., & Crewe, N. M. (2002). An interactive, web-based tool for learning anatomic landmarks: Academic Medicine Vol 77(3) Mar 2002, 263-265.
- Hartley, J. R., & Sleeman, D. H. (1973). Towards more intelligent teaching systems: International Journal of Man-Machine Studies Vol 5(2) Apr 1973, 215-236.
- Heerman, C. E., & Sheen, S.-y. V. (1983). Reading gains of college students as a function of duration of program: Psychological Reports Vol 52(2) Apr 1983, 578.
- Ibrahim, B. (1997). Use of HTML forms in complex user interfaces for server-side applications: International Journal of Human-Computer Studies Vol 46(6) Jun 1997, 761-771.
- Itabashi, Y., Matsuki, S., Saito, S., & Yokkaichi, A. (1992). Improving the pronunciation clarity of hearing impaired children: Instruction using an ultrasonic pronunciation training system: Japanese Journal of Special Education Vol 29(4) Mar 1992, 7-13.
- Kalish, M., Lewandowsky, S., & Dennis, S. (1999). Remote delivery of cognitive science laboratories: A solution for small disciplines in large countries: Behavior Research Methods, Instruments & Computers Vol 31(2) May 1999, 270-274.
- Kamimura, R., & Yoshida, F. (2003). Teacher-directed learning: information-theoretic competitive learning in supervised multi-layered networks: Connection Science Vol 15(2-3) Jun-Sep 2003, 117-140.
- Kasnic, M. J. (1978). The effect of using hand-held calculators on mathematical problem-solving ability among sixth grade students: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Kewell, B., & Beeby, M. (2003). Student and Lecturer Responses to the Introduction of Computer Assisted Learning (CAL) in a University Business School: Teaching in Higher Education Vol 8(3) Jul 2003, 413-430.
- Kier, F. J. (2000). Pressey, Sidney Leavitt: Kazdin, Alan E (Ed).
- Kulik, C.-l. C., Kulik, J. A., & Cohen, P. A. (1980). Instructional technology and college teaching: Teaching of Psychology Vol 7(4) Dec 1980, 199-205.
- Lee, Y.-F., & Nguyen, H. (2007). Get Your Degree from an Educational ATM: An Empirical Study in Online Education: International Journal on E-Learning Vol 6(1) 2007, 31-40.
- Leib, J. W., Cusack, J., Hughes, D., Pilette, S., Werther, J., & Kintz, B. L. (1967). Teaching machines and programmed instruction: Areas of application: Psychological Bulletin Vol 67(1) Jan 1967, 12-26.
- Leviton, H. S., & Thompson, A. K. (1976). Person or machine in remedial reading? : Academic Therapy Vol 11(4) Sum 1976, 455-459.
- Massaro, D. W., & Light, J. (2004). Using Visible Speech to Train Perception and Production of Speech for Individuals With Hearing Loss: Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research Vol 47(2) Apr 2004, 304-320.
- McDuffie, R. S., & Smith, L. M. (2006). Impact of an audit reporting expert system on learning performance: A teaching note: Accounting Education Vol 15(1) Mar 2006, 89-101.
- Mead, S., & Fisk, A. D. (1998). Measuring skill acquisition and retention with an ATM simulator: The need for age-specific training: Human Factors Vol 40(3) Sep 1998, 516-523.
- Moreno, R., & Mayer, R. (2007). Interactive multimodal learning environments: Special issue on interactive learning environments: Contemporary issues and trends: Educational Psychology Review Vol 19(3) Sep 2007, 309-326.
- Mzoughi, T., Herring, S. D., Foley, J. T., Morris, M. J., & Gilbert, P. J. (2007). WebTOP: A 3D interactive system for teaching and learning optics: Computers & Education Vol 49(1) Aug 2007, 110-129.
- Najjar, L. J. (1998). Principles of educational multimedia user interface design: Human Factors Vol 40(2) Jun 1998, 311-323.
- Nicolaou, C. T., Nicolaidou, I. A., Zacharia, Z. C., & Constantinou, C. P. (2007). Enhancing fourth graders' ability in interpret graphical repsentations through the use of microcomputer-based labs implemented within an inquiry-based activity sequence: Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching Vol 26(1) 2007, 75-99.
- No authorship, i. (1971). Technological augmentation of human cognition: An interdisciplinary review. Oxford, England: Smithsonian Institution, Interdisci.
- Pask, G. (1971). A cybernetic experimental method and its underlying philosophy: International Journal of Man-Machine Studies Vol 3(4) Oct 1971, 279-337.
- Phillips, R. J., & et al. (1984). Computer aided teaching: Ergonomics Vol 27(3) Mar 1984, 243-258.
- Rapatsevich, E. S. (1973). A method to teach concept formation: Voprosy Psychologii Vol 19(1) Jan 1973, 137-145.
- Rogers, G. (1989). Teaching a psychology course by electronic mail: Social Science Computer Review Vol 7(1) Spr 1989, 60-64.
- Rosenberg, H. E., & Ehrgott, R. H. (1973). Performance contracting, programmed learning and behavior modification may inhibit learning of the gifted: Gifted Child Quarterly Vol 17(4) Win 1973, 254-259.
- Russo, D. C., Koegel, R. L., & Lovaas, O. I. (1978). A comparison of human and automated instruction of autistic children: Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology Vol 6(2) Jun 1978, 189-201.
- Schwartz, J. L. (1989). Intellectual mirrors: A step in the direction of making schools knowledge-making places: Harvard Educational Review Vol 59(1) Feb 1989, 51-61.
- Shiratuddin, N., & Landoni, M. (2003). Children's E-book technology: Devices, books, and book builder: Information Technology in Childhood Education Annual Vol 15 2003, 105-138.
- Slike, S. B., Thornton, N. E., Hobbis, D. H., & Kokoska, S. M. (1995). The development and analysis of interactive videodisc technology to teach speechreading: American Annals of the Deaf Vol 140(4) Oct 1995, 346-351.
- Steg, D. R., Lazar, I., & Boyce, C. (1994). A cybernetic approach to early education: Journal of Educational Computing Research Vol 10(1) 1994, 1-27.
- Tamura, S., & Tanaka, K. (1973). Learning of fuzzy formal language: IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, & Cybernetics Vol 3(1) Jan 1973, 98-102.
- Tobin, M. J., & James, W. R. (1974). Evaluating the Optacon: General reflections on reading machines for the blind: American Foundation for the Blind, Research Bulletin No 28 Oct 1974, 145-157.
- Van der Leij, A. (1981). Remediation of reading-disabled children by presenting text simultaneously to eye and ear: Bulletin of the Orton Society Vol 31 1981, 229-243.
- Weir, S. (1989). The computer in schools: Machine as humanizer: Harvard Educational Review Vol 59(1) Feb 1989, 61-73.
- Wideman, H. H., Owston, R. D., Brown, C., Kushniruk, A., Ho, F., & Pitts, K. C. (2007). Unpacking the potential of educational gaming: A new tool for gaming research: Simulation & Gaming Vol 38(1) Mar 2007, 10-30.
- Boraczek, M. L. (1983). The effects of human teacher intervention on skills and presentation time while using programmed learning: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Burgess, M. H. (1973). The effectiveness of a linguistically-based decoding program used on a card-reading machine with disadvantaged elementary children: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Caplan, S. L. (1982). The effects of electronically enhanced instruction on reading achievement and attitudes of first grade children: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Casas, M. (1997). The history surrounding the use of Skinnerian teaching machines and programmed instruction (1960-1970). Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Showalter, M. E. (1982). Interactive effects between field-dependence-independence and level of instructional support in elementary probability for non-science college students: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Woolf, B. P. (1984). Context dependent planning in a machine tutor: Dissertation Abstracts International.