Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Taste disorders can arise due to problems in the collection and processing of taste information. This may occur with the taste buds on the tongue, with the activity of the sensory neurons or at the point of central processing. These disorders include:
- Ageusia (complete loss of taste)
- Hypogeusia (reduced sense of taste)
- Dysgeusia (distortion in sense of taste)
- Parageusia (persistent abnormal taste)
- Hypergeusia (abnormally heightened sense of taste)