Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
An increased risk of suicide is associated with a number of mental health problems and care settings.
Suicide in different diagnostic groupsEdit
Suicide in different healthcare settingsEdit
References & BibliographyEdit
- Bongar, B., Berman, A.L., Maris, R.W., Silverman, M.M., Harris, E.A., & Packman, W.L. (Eds.). (1998). Risk management with suicidal patients. New York: Guilford Press.
- Kleespies, P.M. (Ed.). (1998). Emergencies in mental health practice: Evaluation and management. New York: Guilford Press.
- Appleby, L., Shaw, J., Amos, T., McDonnell, R., Davies, S., Harris, C., McCann, K., Firth, C., & Douglas, A. (1997). The national confidential inquiry into suicide and homicide by people with mental illness. Progress report 1997. London: Department of Health.
- Barraclough, B., Bunch, J., Nelson, B., & Sainsbury, P. (1974). A hundred cases of suicide: Clinical aspects. British Journal of Psychiatry, 125, 355-373.
- Foster, T., Gillespie, K., McClelland, R., & Patterson, C. (1999). Risk factors for suicide independent of DSM-II-R Axis I disorder. British Journal of Psychiatry, 175, 175-179.
- Harris, E.D., & Barraclough, B. (1997). Suicide as an outcome for mental disorders. British Journal of Psychiatry, 170, 205-228.
- Henriksson, M.M., Aro, H.M., Marttunen, M.J., Heikkinen, M., Isometa, E.T., Kuoppasalmi, K.I., & Lonqvist, J.K. (1993). Mental disorders and comorbidity in suicide. American Journal of Psychiatry, 150, 935-940.
- Kessler, R.C., Nelson, C.B., McKinagle, K.A., Edlund, M.J., Frank, R.G., & Leaf, P.L. (1996). The epidemiology of co-occurring addictive and mental disorders: Implications for prevention and service utilization. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 66, 17-31.
- Tanney, B.L. (2000). Psychiatric diagnoses and suicidal acts. In R.W. Maris, A.L. Berman, & M.M. Silverman (Eds.), Comprehensive textbook of suicidology (pp. 311-341). New York: Guilford Press.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (1999). Mental health: A report of the Surgeon General. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Mental Health Services, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health.