Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
A distinguished graduate of Cornell University, member of the Quill and Dagger society, past president of Ho Nun De Kah, and winner of the 1977 William K. Kennedy Dean's Prize (highest cumulative GPA), Steven A. Carter also holds a Master's Degree in Education and a Master's Degree in Psychology.
Steven Carter was born in New York City and raised in New Hyde Park, New York. He is the author of twenty books, including the New York Times best-seller Men Who Can't Love (with co-author Julia Sokol). Carter coined the phrase "Commitmentphobia" in 1987 and is recognized as one of the foremost authorities on the subject.
Books and other writingEdit
His most popular books include:
- Men Who Can't Love (M.Evans & Co., 1987) ISBN 0-425-11170-9
- What Really Happens In Bed (M.Evans & Co., 1989) ISBN 0-87131-562-9
- What Smart Women Know (M.Evans & Co., 1990) ISBN 0-87131-906-3
- He's Scared, She's Scared (Delacorte, 1995) ISBN 0-440-50625-5
- Men Like Women Who Like Themselves (Delacorte, 1996) ISBN 0-440-50615-8
- Getting To Commitment (M.Evans & Co., 1998) ISBN 0-87131-939-X
- Help! I'm In Love With A Narcissist (M.Evans & Co., 2005) ISBN 1-59077-077-3
Carter's first book on commitmentphobia, Men Who Can't Love, gained even more popularity when it was featured in the film When Harry Met Sally, and later, in the Julia Roberts/Brad Pitt film The Mexican.
Prior to beginning his career as an author, Steven Carter was the Director of Tennis at the world-renowned Little Dix Bay Hotel in Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands  and Head Tennis Pro at the Dorado Beach Hotel in Dorado Beach, Puerto Rico. It has been suggested that some of his early insights into relationships were formulated during these years as he struggled with his own commitment conflicts.
Steven A. Carter and his wife Jill (married 1996) live in Los Angeles, California.