Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Steve Duck is a social psychologist.
Ph.D. University of Sheffield, UK
Currently Professor of Communication Studies and the Daniel and Amy Starch Research Chair at the University of Iowa.
Main areas of interestEdit
Communication processes in relationship development and disintegration, with an emphasis on everyday communication in the context of personal relationships.
Editorial board/consulting editorEdit
Founding editor of the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships
- Wood, J. T., & Duck, S. W. (Eds.). (2006). Composing relationships: Communication in everyday life. Belmont, CA: Thomson Learning/Wadsworth.
- Dragon, W., & Duck, S. W. (Eds.). (2005). Understanding research in personal relationships: A text with readings. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Dindia, K., & Duck, S. W. (Eds.). (2000). Communication and personal relationships. New York: Wiley.
- Ickes, W., & Duck, S. W. (Eds.). (2000). The social psychology of personal relationships. New York: Wiley.
- Mills, R. S. L., & Duck, S. W. (Eds.). (2000). The developmental psychology of personal relationships.; New York: Wiley.
- Sarason, B. R., & Duck, S. W. (Eds.). (2001). Personal relationships: Implications for clinical and community psychology. New York: Wiley.
- Duck, S. (1999). Relating to others (2nd ed.). Buckingham, PA: Open University Press.
- Duck, S. (1998). Human relationships (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Duck, S. (1994). Meaningful relationships: Talking, sense, and relating. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Vanzetti, N., & Duck, S. W. (Eds.). (1996). A lifetime of relationships. Monterey, CA: Brooks/Cole.
- Duck, S. (1991). Understanding relationships. New York: Guilford Press.
- Duck, S.W. (1988) Relating to Others, Milton Keynes: Open University Press.
- Duck, S. (1977). The study of acquaintance. London: Saxon House.
Duck, S.W. (1977) The study of acquaintance, Farnborough: Gower.
- Baggaley, J. P., & Duck, S. W. (1976). Dynamics of television. London: Saxon House Press.
- Duck, S. (1973). Personal relationships and personal constructs: A study of friendship formation. London: Wiley.
- Duck, S.W. arid Miell, D.E. (1984) Towards an understanding of relationship development and breakdown. In: H. Tajfel, C. Fraser and J. Jaspars (eds) The Social Dimension: European Perspectives on Social Psychology, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Duck, S.W. and Miell, D.E. (1986) Charting the development of personal relationships. In: R. Gilmour and S.W. Duck (eds) The Emerging Field of Personal Relationships, Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Duck, S.W. (1980) Personal relationships in the 1980s: toward an understanding of complex human sociality, Western Journal of Speech Communication 44: 114-19.
- Duck, S.W. and Sants, H.K.A. (1983) On the origin of the specious: are personal relationships really interpersonal states? Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology 1: 27-41.