Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Starr sting pain scale or "A Pain Scale for Bee, Wasp, and Ant Stings" was created by the entomologist Christopher Starr as a scale to compare the overall pain of Hymenopteran stings on a four-point scale .
|1.0||Southern fire ant|
|2.0||Honey bee, Africanized bee, Bumble bee, Yellowjacket|
|3.0||Velvet ant, Paper wasp|
|4.0||Pepsis wasp, Bullet ant|
- Starr, Christopher K. "A Pain Scale for Bee, Wasp, and Ant Stings"
- Conniff, Richard. "The King of Sting", in Outside, v. 21 n. 4 (April 1996), pp. 82-84, 147.
- Conniff, Richard. "Stung: How tiny little insects get us to do exactly as they wish", Discover, June 2003.
- Evans, David L. Insect Defenses: Adaptive Mechanisms and Strategies of Prey and Predators, Table 14.1, 1990. ISBN 0-88706-896-0
- Tom Turpin On Six Legs "Insects Bite and Sting for Good Reasons"
- David B. Williams DesertUSA "Tarantula Hawks"
- ↑ E. Hoyt, T. Schultz (2002). Insect Lives, Stories of Mystery and Romance from a Hidden World.