Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Starr sting pain scale or "A Pain Scale for Bee, Wasp, and Ant Stings" was created by the entomologist Christopher Starr as a scale to compare the overall pain of Hymenopteran stings on a four-point scale .
|1.0||Southern fire ant|
|2.0||Honey bee, Africanized bee, Bumble bee, Yellowjacket|
|3.0||Velvet ant, Paper wasp|
|4.0||Pepsis wasp, Bullet ant|
- Starr, Christopher K. "A Pain Scale for Bee, Wasp, and Ant Stings"
- Conniff, Richard. "The King of Sting", in Outside, v. 21 n. 4 (April 1996), pp. 82-84, 147.
- Conniff, Richard. "Stung: How tiny little insects get us to do exactly as they wish", Discover, June 2003.
- Evans, David L. Insect Defenses: Adaptive Mechanisms and Strategies of Prey and Predators, Table 14.1, 1990. ISBN 0-88706-896-0
- Tom Turpin On Six Legs "Insects Bite and Sting for Good Reasons"
- David B. Williams DesertUSA "Tarantula Hawks"
- ↑ E. Hoyt, T. Schultz (2002). Insect Lives, Stories of Mystery and Romance from a Hidden World.