Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
- The spreading of a self-propagating wave of cellular depolarization in the cerebral cortex.
- The spreadin g of a wave of ischemia passing through an area of cortex.
- The spreading of a wave of vasoconstriction following vasodilation of contiguous cortical arterioles.
The spreading depression wave progresses across the cortex at approximately 3.6 mm/minute.
- "Cortical spreading depression causes and coincides with tissue hypoxia", Nat Neurosci. 29 April 2007, Takano T, Tian GF, Peng W, Lou N, Lovatt D, Hansen AJ, Kasischke KA, Nedergaard M., Department of Neurosurgery, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York.
- "A delayed class of BOLD waveforms associated with spreading depression in the feline cerebral cortex can be detected and characterised using independent component analysis (ICA)", Magn Reson Imaging. 21 November 2003, Netsiri C, Bradley DP, Takeda T, Smith MI, Papadakis N, Hall LD, Parsons AA, James MF, Huang CL., Physiological Laboratory, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK.
- ↑ Dodick DW & Gargus JJ (August 2008). "Why migraines strike". Scientific American.
- ↑ Hadjikhani N et al (2001). "Mechanisms of migraine aura revealed by functional MRI in human visual cortex". PNAS 98, 4687-4692.
- ↑ Leão AAP (1944). "Spreading depression of activity in the cerebral cortex". J Neurophysiol 7, 359-390.
- ↑ Porooshani H, Porooshani GH, Gannon L, & Kyle GM (2004). "Speed of progression of migrainous visual aura measured by sequential field assessment". Neuro-Ophthalmology 28(2), 101-105.
- MeSH Spreading+Cortical+Depression
- includeonly>Dodick, David W., J. Jay Gargus. "Why Migraines Strike", Scientific American, Scientific American Inc., pp. 56–63. ISSN 0036 8733. Retrieved on 2008-08-16.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|