Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Speech processing can be divided in the following categories:
- Speech recognition, which deals with analysis of the linguistic content of a speech signal.
- Speaker recognition, where the aim is to recognize the identity of the speaker.
- Enhancement of speech signals, e.g. noise reduction,
- Speech coding, a specialized form of data compression, is important in the telecommunication area.
- Voice analysis for medical purposes, such as analysis of vocal loading and dysfunction of the vocal cords.
- Speech synthesis: the artificial synthesis of speech, which usually means computer generated speech.
See also Edit
- Center for Language and Speech Processing at JHU
- Speech Processing Group
- Speech Processing Group at the Laboratory of Applied Physics
- Speech and Language Processing
- Speech Processing
- Speech Processing Discussion Group
- Philips Speech Recognition Systems
- IDIAP Research Institute Speech Processing
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|