Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
There have been a number of treatment approaches to speech anxiety.
- Abruzzese, M. (1990). Effects of two forms of rational-emotive imagery in the treatment of public speaking anxiety: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Adeola, A. O. (1986). Speech anxiety reduction through relaxation and systematic desensitization: A comparative study: Nigerian Journal of Guidance & Counselling Vol 2(1) Mar 1986, 63-74.
- Ady, J. C. (1987). Testing a multistrategic program of public speaking anxiety reduction: Communication Research Reports Vol 4(2) Dec 1987, 54-59.
- Allen, M., Hunter, J. E., & Donohue, W. A. (1989). Meta-analysis of self-report data on the effectiveness of public speaking anxiety treatment techniques: Communication Education Vol 38(1) Jan 1989, 54-76.
- Allen, M. R. (1988). Meta-analysis of communication apprehension treatment techniques: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Altmaier, E. M., Leary, M. R., Halpern, S., & Sellers, J. E. (1985). Effects of stress inoculation and participant modeling on confidence and anxiety: Testing predictions of self-efficacy theory: Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology Vol 3(4) 1985, 500-505.
- Altmaier, E. M., Ross, S. L., Leary, M. R., & Thornbrough, M. (1982). Matching stress inoculation's treatment components to client's anxiety mode: Journal of Counseling Psychology Vol 29(3) May 1982, 331-334.
- Ascher, L. M., & Schotte, D. E. (1999). Paradoxical intention and recursive anxiety: Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry Vol 30(2) Jun 1999, 71-79.
- Axsom, D. K. (1984). Anticipated effort, dissonance, and behavior change: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Ayers, C. K. (1979). The effects of systematic rational restructuring, belief training, and prolonged exposure in the reduction of speech anxiety: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Ayres, J. (1991). Using visual aids to reduce speech anxiety: Communication Research Reports Vol 8(1-2) Jun-Dec 1991, 73-79.
- Ayres, J., Hopf, T., & Ayres, D. M. (1994). An examination of whether imaging ability enhances the effectiveness of an intervention designed to reduce speech anxiety: Communication Education Vol 43(3) Jul 1994, 252-258.
- Ayres, J., Hopf, T., & Edwards, P. A. (1999). Vividness and control: Factors in the effectiveness of performance visualization? : Communication Education Vol 48(4) Oct 1999, 287-293.
- Ayres, J., Hopf, T., & Peterson, E. (2000). A test of Communciation-Orientation Motivation (COM) therapy: Communication Reports Vol 13(1) Win 2000, 35-44.
- Ayres, J., & Hopf, T. S. (1987). Visualization, systematic desensitization, and rational emotive therapy: A comparative evaluation: Communication Education Vol 36(3) Jul 1987, 236-240.
- Ayres, J., & Hopf, T. S. (1989). Visualization: Is it more than extra-attention? : Communication Education Vol 38(1) Jan 1989, 1-5.
- Ayres, J., & Hopf, T. S. (1990). The long-term effect of visualization in the classroom: A brief research report: Communication Education Vol 39(1) Jan 1990, 75-78.
- Bados, A., & Saldana, C. (1987). Component analysis of a cognitive-somatic-behavioral treatment for public speaking anxiety: Analisis y Modificacion de Conducta Vol 13(38) 1987, 657-684.
- Burgraff, R. I. (1974). The efficacy of systematic desensitization via imagery as a therapeutic technique with stutterers: British Journal of Disorders of Communication Vol 9(2) Oct 1974, 134-139.
- Burnley, M. C., Cross, P. A., & Spanos, N. P. (1992). The effects of stress inoculation training and skills training on the treatment of speech anxiety: Imagination, Cognition and Personality Vol 12(4) 1992-1993, 355-366.
- Carrigan, M. H., & Levis, D. J. (1999). The contributions of eye movements to the efficacy of brief exposure treatment for reducing fear of public speaking: Journal of Anxiety Disorders Vol 13(1-2) Jan-Apr 1999, 101-118.
- Casas, J. M. (1976). A comparison of two mediational self-control techniques for the treatment of speech anxiety: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Chaplin, E. W. (1981). Effects of exposure duration and massed versus spaced scene presentation on flooding therapy for speech anxiety: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Cradock, C., Cotler, S., & Jason, L. A. (1978). Primary prevention: Immunization of children for speech anxiety: Cognitive Therapy and Research Vol 2(4) Dec 1978, 389-396.
- Cronin, M. W., Grice, G. L., & Olsen, R. K. (1994). The effects of interactive video instruction in coping with speech fright: Communication Education Vol 43(1) Jan 1994, 42-53.
- Cunningham, V., Lefkoe, M., & Sechrest, L. (2006). Eliminating Fears: An Intervention that Permanently Eliminates the Fear of Public Speaking: Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy Vol 13(3) May-Jun 2006, 183-193.