Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Sociometry has been used in education to help teachers grapple with group aspects of teaching.
- Anguera Argilaga, M. T., Santoyo Velasco, C., & Espinosa Aramburu, M. C. (2003). Evaluating links intensity in social networks in a school context through observational designs. Ashland, OH: Hogrefe & Huber Publishers.
- Barclay, J. R. (1992). Sociometry, temperament, and school psychology. Hillsdale, NJ, England: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.
- Bear, G. G., & Rys, G. S. (1994). Moral reasoning, classroom behavior, and sociometric status among elementary school children: Developmental Psychology Vol 30(5) Sep 1994, 633-638.
- Bogucki, J., & Maciag, M. (1997). The validity and reliability of sociometric techniques used to study preschool children: Psychologia Wychowawcza Vol 40(2) Mar-Apr 1997, 168-176.
- Boschee, M. K. (1992). The effect of sociometric and non-sociometric grouping on students' social acceptance and small group verbal interaction: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Brendgen, M., Little, T. D., & Krappmann, L. (2000). Rejected children and their friends: A shared evaluation of friendship quality? : Merrill-Palmer Quarterly Vol 46(1) Jan 2000, 45-70.
- Bryant, B. K. (1992). Conflict resolution strategies in relation to children's peer relations: Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology Vol 13(1) Jan-Mar 1992, 35-50.
- Bukowski, W. M., & Cillessen, A. H. (1998). Sociometry then and now: Building on six decades of measuring children's experiences with the peer group. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Bullock, J. R. (1992). Children without friends: Who are they and how can teachers help? : Childhood Education Vol 69(2) Win 1992, 92-96.
- Cadwallader, T. W. (2000). Sociometry reconsidered: The social context of peer rejection in childhood: International Journal of Action Methods: Psychodrama, Skill Training, and Role Playing Vol 53(3-4) Fal-Win 2000-2001, 99-118.
- Carton, E. E. (1996). Children's sociometric status: Sex differences in the correlates of peer acceptance and rejection. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Cillessen, A. H., Van Ijzendoorn, H. W., Van Lieshout, C. F., & Hartup, W. W. (1992). Heterogeneity among peer-rejected boys: Subtypes and stabilities: Child Development Vol 63(4) Aug 1992, 893-905.
- Cirino, R. J., & Beck, S. J. (1991). Social information processing and the effects of reputational, situational, developmental, and gender factors among children's sociometric groups: Merrill-Palmer Quarterly Vol 37(4) Oct 1991, 561-582.
- Conceicao, M. I. G., & Sudbrack, M. F. O. (2004). Sociometric Study of an Alternative Institution for Street Children: Building a Pedagogic Proposal: Psicologia: Reflexao e Critica Vol 17(2) 2004, 277-286.
- Conderman, G. J. (1990). The social status of 6th and 7th grade students with learning disabilities: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Cossa, M. A. (2003). Taming Puberty: Using Psychodrama, Sociodrama, and Sociometry with Adolescent Groups. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Co.
- Crick, N. R., & Ladd, G. W. (1993). Children's perceptions of their peer experiences: Attributions, loneliness, social anxiety, and social avoidance: Developmental Psychology Vol 29(2) Mar 1993, 244-254.
- Czeschlik, T., & Rost, D. H. (1995). Sociometric types and children's intelligence: British Journal of Developmental Psychology Vol 13(2) Jun 1995, 177-189.
- Dalic Pavelic, S., Fulgosi Masnjak, R., & Stancic, Z. (2004). The influence of the structured games program on the sociometric position of special needs pupil in the regular primary school: Hrvatska Revija Za Rehabilitacijska Istrazivanja Vol 40(1) 2004, 13-24.
- Daniel, S. (2006). Day by Day--Role Theory, Sociometry, and Psychodrama With Adolescents and Young Women: Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama & Sociometry Vol 58(4) Win 2006, 195-205.
- Demir, A., & Tarhan, N. (2001). Loneliness and social dissatisfaction in Turkish adolescents: Journal of Psychology: Interdisciplinary and Applied Vol 135(1) Jan 2001, 113-123.
- Denham, S. A., & Holt, R. W. (1993). Preschoolers' likability as cause or consequence of their social behavior: Developmental Psychology Vol 29(2) Mar 1993, 271-275.
- Denham, S. A., & McKinley, M. (1993). Sociometric nominations of preschoolers: A psychometric analysis: Early Education and Development Vol 4(2) Apr 1993, 109-122
- Droege, K. L., & Stipek, D. J. (1993). Children's use of dispositions to predict classmates' behavior: Developmental Psychology Vol 29(4) Jul 1993, 646-654.
- Dumas, M. C. (1994). The relative contributions of children's behavior and peer evaluations to the sociometric evaluation process and children's memories of evaluated children. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Duncan, M. K., & Cohen, R. (1995). Liking within the peer group as a function of children's sociometric status and sex: Child Study Journal Vol 25(4) 1995, 265-287.
- Dunn, J. C., Dunn, J. G. H., & Bayduza, A. (2007). Perceived athletic competence, sociometric status, and loneliness in elementary school children: Journal of Sport Behavior Vol 30(3) Sep 2007, 249-269.
- Dunstone, S., & Zea, A. (1995). Sociometric assessment of social integration of students from culturally diverse backgrounds at a nonresidential university: Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama & Sociometry Vol 47(4) Win 1995, 165-176.
- Elenbaas, D. M. (1996). Types of aggression and their relationship to sociometric status in preadolescent girls. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Erhardt, D., & Hinshaw, S. P. (1994). Initial sociometric impressions of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and comparison boys: Predictions from social behaviors and from nonbehavioral variables: Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology Vol 62(4) Aug 1994, 833-842.
- Eronen, S., & Nurmi, J.-E. (2001). Sociometric status of young adults: Behavioural correlates, and cognitive-motivational antecedents and consequences: International Journal of Behavioral Development Vol 25(3) May 2001, 203-213.
- Erwin, P. G., & Letchford, J. (2003). Types of preschool experience and sociometric status in the primary school: Social Behavior and Personality Vol 31(2) 2003, 129-132.
- Frederickson, N. L., & Furnham, A. F. (1998). Sociometric-status-group classification of mainstreamed children who have moderate learning difficulties: An investigation of personal and environmental factors: Journal of Educational Psychology Vol 90(4) Dec 1998, 772-783.
- Frederickson, N. L., & Furnham, A. F. (2001). The long-term stability of sociometric status classification: A longitudinal study of included pupils who have moderate learning difficulties and their mainstream peers: Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry Vol 42(5) Jul 2001, 581-592.
- French, D. C. (1990). Heterogeneity of peer-rejected girls: Child Development Vol 61(6) Dec 1990, 2028-2031.
- Frentz, C., Gresham, F. M., & Elliott, S. N. (1991). Popular, controversial, neglected, and rejected adolescents: Contrasts of social competence and achievement differences: Journal of School Psychology Vol 29(2) Sum 1991, 109-120.
- Franz, D. Z., & Gross, A. M. (2001). Child sociometric status and parent behaviors: An observational study: Behavior Modification Vol 25(1) Jan 2001, 3-20.
- Geckova, A. M., Orosova, O. g., & Madaras, T. (2004). Selected issues of application of sociometry in school praxis: Ceskoslovenska Psychologie Vol 48(3) 2004, 263-277.
- Gershoni, J. (2003). Psychodrama in the 21st Century: Clinical and Educational Applications. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Co.
- Gifford-Smith, M. E. (1999). Developmental, gender, and sociometric status differences in children's teasing and aggressive behavior. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Guldner, C. A., & Stone-Winestock, P. (1995). The use of sociometry in teaching at the university level: Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama & Sociometry Vol 47(4) Win 1995, 177-185.
- Harrist, A. W., Zaia, A. F., Bates, J. E., Dodge, K. A., & Pettit, G. S. (1997). Subtypes of social withdrawal in early childhood: Sociometric status and social-cognitive differences across four years: Child Development Vol 68(2) Apr 1997, 278-294.
- Hoff, K. E. (1999). The social affiliations of rejected youth in residential treatment: Investigating peer group structure through sociometric and social networking techniques. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Howe, T. R. (1996). Friendship quality, sociometric status, and loneliness in abused and non-abused children. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Hrasnova, M. (1996). The sociometric status of a creative pupil: Psychologia a Patopsychologia Dietata Vol 31(4) 1996, 346-351.
- Hubbard, J. A. (1995). Emotion expression in children's peer interaction. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Inderbitzen, H. M., Walters, K. S., & Bukowski, A. L. (1997). The role of social anxiety in adolescent peer relations: Differences among sociometric status groups and rejected subgroups: Journal of Clinical Child Psychology Vol 26(4) Dec 1997, 338-348.
- Iverson, A. M., & Cook, G. L. (1994). Guardian consent for children's participation in sociometric research: Psychology in the Schools Vol 31(2) Apr 1994, 108-112.
- Jarvinen, D. W. (1995). The relationships of social-efficacy, social goals, and beliefs about the causes of social success to satisfaction and sociometric status in adolescent peer relations. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Jason, L. A., Danner, K. E., Weine, A. M., Kurasaki, K. S., & et al. (1994). Academic follow-up data on two cohorts of high-risk transfer children: Early Education and Development Vol 5(4) Oct 1994, 277-288.
- Juffer, F., Stams, G.-J. J. M., & van Ijzendoorn, M. H. (2004). Adopted children's problem behavior is significantly related to their ego resiliency, ego control, and sociometric status: Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry Vol 45(4) May 2004, 697-706.
- Kastelova, D., & Szenteova, I. (1991). Sociometric status of speech disordered child in the basic school class: Psychologia a Patopsychologia Dietata Vol 26(1) 1991, 29-34.
- Kaya, A. (2007). Sociometric status, depression, and locus of control among Turkish early adolescents: Social Behavior and Personality Vol 35(10) 2007, 1405-1414.
- Kim, S. Y., & Park, K. J. (1995). Kindergarten children's entry behaviors into peer groups: Korean Journal of Child Studies Vol 16(1) May 1995, 147-165.
- Kindermann, T. (1998). Children's development within peer groups: Using composite social maps to identify peer networks and to study their influences. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Koivusaari, R. (2004). Children's sociometric membership group and computer-supported interaction in school settings: Educational Psychology Vol 24(3) Jun 2004, 359-374.
- LaFontana, K. M., & Cillessen, A. H. N. (1999). Children's interpersonal perceptions as a function of sociometric and peer-perceived popularity: Journal of Genetic Psychology Vol 160(2) Jun 1999, 225-242.
- Lardon, C., & Jason, L. A. (1992). Validating a brief pupil evaluation inventory: Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology Vol 20(4) Aug 1992, 367-376.
- Leung, M.-C. (1994). Social cognition and social networks of Chinese school children in Hong Kong. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Lindsey, E. W., & Mize, J. (2001). Measuring parent-child mutuality during play. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers.
- Lister, L. K. (1997). Correlates of sociometric status for girls in an independent day school. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Lucic, Z. (1989). Study of the connection between children's fear of school and sociometric indicators: Primijenjena Psihologija Vol 10(3) Sep 1989, 217-222.
- Luftig, R. L., & Nichols, M. L. (1990). Assessing the social status of gifted students by their age peers: Gifted Child Quarterly Vol 34(3) Sum 1990, 111-115.
- Mackenzie, M. E. (1997). Peer rejection: Risk markers and intervention targets in a primary school population. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Matza, L. S., Kupersmidt, J. B., & Glenn, D. M. (2001). Adolescents' perceptions and standards of their relationships with their parents as a function of sociometric status: Journal of Research on Adolescence Vol 11(3) 2001, 245-272.
- Mayr, T. (1992). Hyperactivity, aggressiveness, and peer status in preschool children: Zeitschrift fur Klinische Psychologie Vol 21(4) 1992, 392-410.
- McDonald, K. L., Putallaz, M., Grimes, C. L., Kupersmidt, J. B., & Coie, J. D. (2007). Girl talk: Gossip, friendship, and sociometric status: Merrill-Palmer Quarterly Vol 53(3) Jul 2007, 381-411.
- McHale, J. P., Kuersten-Hogan, R., & Lauretti, A. (2001). Evaluating coparenting and family-level dynamics during infancy and early childhood: The Coparenting and Family Rating System. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers.
- Meredith, W. H., Abbott, D. A., & Ming, Z. F. (1992). Self-concept and sociometric outcomes: A comparison of only children and sibling children from urban and rural areas in the People's Republic of China: Journal of Psychology: Interdisciplinary and Applied Vol 126(4) Jul 1992, 411-419.
- Merrell, K. W. (2001). Assessment of children's social skills: Recent developments, best practices, and new directions: Exceptionality Vol 9(1-2) Jun 2001, 3-18.
- Monteiro, A. M., & de Carvalho, E. R. (1990). Learning through psychodrama and sociometry: Two university experiences: Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama & Sociometry Vol 43(2) Sum 1990, 85-88.
- Morais, M. d. L., Otta, E., & Scala, C. T. (2001). Sociometric status and peers' behavioral descriptions: A study of preschoolers' social competence: Psicologia: Reflexao e Critica Vol 14(1) 2001, 119-131.
- Moreau, C. A., & Leduc, A. (1993). The effectiveness of a social skills training program for a student with mental retardation: Comportement Humain Vol 7(2) Fal 1993, 99-116.
- Musun-Miller, L. (1990). Sociometrics with preschool children: Agreement between different strategies: Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology Vol 11(2) Apr-Jun 1990, 195-207.
- Nabuzoka, D., & Smith, P. K. (1993). Sociometric status and social behaviour of children with and without learning difficulties: Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry Vol 34(8) Nov 1993, 1435-1448.
- Nelson, S. E., & Dishion, T. J. (2004). From boys to men: Predicting adult adaptation from middle childhood sociometric status: Development and Psychopathology Vol 16(2) Spr 2004, 441-459.
- Newcomb, A. F., Bukowski, W. M., & Pattee, L. (1993). Children's peer relations: A meta-analytic review of popular, rejected, neglected, controversial, and average sociometric status: Psychological Bulletin Vol 113(1) Jan 1993, 99-128.
- Parker, J. G., & Asher, S. R. (1993). Friendship and friendship quality in middle childhood: Links with peer group acceptance and feelings of loneliness and social dissatisfaction: Developmental Psychology Vol 29(4) Jul 1993, 611-621.
- Pellegrini, A. D. (1994). The rough play of adolescent boys of differing sociometric status: International Journal of Behavioral Development Vol 17(3) Sep 1994, 525-540.
- Pelletier, D., Coutu, S., & Vitaro, F. (1993). Relationship between sociometric status and behavioral profile of children at the beginning of school attendance: Comportement Humain Vol 7(1) Spr 1993, 1-11.
- Pelletier, D., Vitaro, F., & Coutu, S. (1992). A threefold assessment of social problem solving skills in aggressive-rejected and prosocial-popular children: Cahiers de Psychologie Cognitive/Current Psychology of Cognition Vol 12(1) Feb 1992, 31-49.
- Pettit, G. S., Bakshi, A., Dodge, K. A., & Coie, J. D. (1990). The emergence of social dominance in young boys' play groups: Developmental differences and behavior correlates: Developmental Psychology Vol 26(6) Nov 1990, 1017-1025.
- Prinstein, M. J. (2007). Assessment of adolescents' preference- and reputation-based peer status using sociometric experts: Merrill-Palmer Quarterly Vol 53(2) Apr 2007, 243-261
- Putallaz, M., & Sheppard, B. H. (1990). Social status and children's orientations to limited resources: Child Development Vol 61(6) Dec 1990, 2022-2027.
- Rabiner, D. L., & Gordon, L. V. (1993). The relationship between children's social concerns and their social interaction strategies: Differences between rejected and accepted boys: Social Development Vol 2(2) Jul 1993, 83-95.
- Rabiner, D. L., Keane, S. P., & MacKinnon-Lewis, C. (1993). Children's beliefs about familiar and unfamiliar peers in relation to their sociometric status: Developmental Psychology Vol 29(2) Mar 1993, 236-243.
- Ramsey, P. G. (1995). Changing social dynamics in early childhood classrooms: Child Development Vol 66(3) Jun 1995, 764-773.
- Ray, G. E., Cohen, R., Secrist, M. E., & Duncan, M. K. (1997). Relating aggressive and victimization behaviors to children's sociometric status and friendships: Journal of Social and Personal Relationships Vol 14(1) Feb 1997, 95-108.
- Raybuck, C. S., & Hicks, G. F. (1994). KIDS CARE: Building resilience in children's environments: Journal of Alcohol and Drug Education Vol 39(3) Spr 1994, 34-45.
- Rican, P. (1996). Sociometric status of Gypsy children in ethnically mixed classes: Studia Psychologica Vol 38(3) 1996, 177-184.
- Robinson, S. L. (1999). Effects of positive statements made by peers on peer interactions and social status of children in a residential treatment setting. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Sabornie, E. J., Kauffman, J. M., & Cullinan, D. A. (1990). Extended sociometric status of adolescents with mild handicaps: A cross-categorical perspective: Exceptionality Vol 1(3) 1990, 197-209.
- Sabornie, E. J., Marshall, K. J., & Ellis, E. S. (1990). Restructuring of mainstream sociometry with learning disabled and nonhandicapped students: Exceptional Children Vol 56(4) Jan 1990, 314-323.
- Saile, H. (2007). Psychometric findings of the teacher version of "Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire" (SDQ-L). Validation by means of sociometric indices: Zeitschrift fur Entwicklungspsychologie und Padagogische Psychologie Vol 39(1) 2007, 25-32.
- Storey, K., Smith, D. J., Danko, C. D., Strain, P. S., & et al. (1995). Assessing integration in early childhood education: Clique analysis of social interactions: Education & Treatment of Children Vol 18(2) May 1995, 158-183.
- Taylor, J. H. (1996). Moral climate and the development of moral reasoning: The effects of dyadic discussions between young offenders. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Torrey, G. K., Vasa, S. F., Maag, J. W., & Kramer, J. J. (1992). Social skills interventions across school settings: Case study reviews of students with mild disabilities: Psychology in the Schools Vol 29(3) Jul 1992, 248-255.
- Tout, K. A. (1998). Temperament, cortisol activity, and preschoolers' peer relations. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Vasa, S. F., Maag, J. W., Torrey, G. K., & Kramer, J. J. (1994). Teachers' use and perceptions of sociometric techniques: Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment Vol 12(2) Jun 1994, 135-141.
- Villanueva, J. G. (2001). Defensive processing in elementary school children. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Vitaro, F., Tremblay, R. E., & Gagnon, C. (1990). Behavioral profile and stability of sociometric status from kindergarten to 1st grade: Enfance Vol 45(4) 1990, 423-438.
- Vitaro, F., Tremblay, R. E., Gagnon, C., & Pelletier, D. (1994). Predictive accuracy of behavioral and sociometric assessments of high-risk kindergarten children: Journal of Clinical Child Psychology Vol 23(3) Sep 1994, 272-282.
- Volling, B. L., MacKinnon-Lewis, C., Rabiner, D., & Baradaran, L. P. (1993). Children's social competence and sociometric status: Further exploration of aggression, social withdrawal, and peer rejection: Development and Psychopathology Vol 5(3) Sum 1993, 459-483.
- Vulic-Prtoric, A. (1992). Analysis of correlation between anxiety, school performance and sociometric status of school children: Primijenjena Psihologija Vol 13(1-4) Mar 1992, 53-63.
- Weinfurt, K. P., & Bush, P. J. (1995). Peer assessment of early adolescents solicited to participate in drug trafficking: A longitudinal analysis: Journal of Applied Social Psychology Vol 25(24) Dec 1995, 2141-2157.
- Wu, X., Hart, C. H., Draper, T. W., & Olsen, J. A. (2001). Peer and teacher sociometrics for preschool children: Cross-informant concordance, temporal stability, and reliability: Merrill-Palmer Quarterly Vol 47(3) Jul 2001, 416-443.
- Zachariah, M., & Moreno, R. (2006). Finding My Place: The Use of Sociometric Choice and Sociodrama for Building Community in the School Classroom: Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama & Sociometry Vol 58(4) Win 2006, 157-167.