Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
.Sociometry has been used to study the social world of children
Studies of preschool childrenEdit
- Kindermann, T. (1998). Children's development within peer groups: Using composite social maps to identify peer networks and to study their influences. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Brendgen, M., Little, T. D., & Krappmann, L. (2000). Rejected children and their friends: A shared evaluation of friendship quality? : Merrill-Palmer Quarterly Vol 46(1) Jan 2000, 45-70.
- Bryant, B. K. (1992). Conflict resolution strategies in relation to children's peer relations: Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology Vol 13(1) Jan-Mar 1992, 35-50.
- Bukowski, W. M., & Cillessen, A. H. (1998). Sociometry then and now: Building on six decades of measuring children's experiences with the peer group. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Cadwallader, T. W. (2000). Sociometry reconsidered: The social context of peer rejection in childhood: International Journal of Action Methods: Psychodrama, Skill Training, and Role Playing Vol 53(3-4) Fal-Win 2000-2001, 99-118.
- Carton, E. E. (1996). Children's sociometric status: Sex differences in the correlates of peer acceptance and rejection. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Cillessen, A. H., Van Ijzendoorn, H. W., Van Lieshout, C. F., & Hartup, W. W. (1992). Heterogeneity among peer-rejected boys: Subtypes and stabilities: Child Development Vol 63(4) Aug 1992, 893-905.
- Cirino, R. J., & Beck, S. J. (1991). Social information processing and the effects of reputational, situational, developmental, and gender factors among children's sociometric groups: Merrill-Palmer Quarterly Vol 37(4) Oct 1991, 561-582.
- Conceicao, M. I. G., & Sudbrack, M. F. O. (2004). Sociometric Study of an Alternative Institution for Street Children: Building a Pedagogic Proposal: Psicologia: Reflexao e Critica Vol 17(2) 2004, 277-286.
- Cossa, M. A. (2003). Taming Puberty: Using Psychodrama, Sociodrama, and Sociometry with Adolescent Groups. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Co.
- Crick, N. R., & Ladd, G. W. (1993). Children's perceptions of their peer experiences: Attributions, loneliness, social anxiety, and social avoidance: Developmental Psychology Vol 29(2) Mar 1993, 244-254.
- Czeschlik, T., & Rost, D. H. (1995). Sociometric types and children's intelligence: British Journal of Developmental Psychology Vol 13(2) Jun 1995, 177-189.
- Daniel, S. (2006). Day by Day--Role Theory, Sociometry, and Psychodrama With Adolescents and Young Women: Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama & Sociometry Vol 58(4) Win 2006, 195-205.
- Demir, A., & Tarhan, N. (2001). Loneliness and social dissatisfaction in Turkish adolescents: Journal of Psychology: Interdisciplinary and Applied Vol 135(1) Jan 2001, 113-123.
- Denham, S. A., & Holt, R. W. (1993). Preschoolers' likability as cause or consequence of their social behavior: Developmental Psychology Vol 29(2) Mar 1993, 271-275.
- Denham, S. A., & McKinley, M. (1993). Sociometric nominations of preschoolers: A psychometric analysis: Early Education and Development Vol 4(2) Apr 1993, 109-122
- Dumas, M. C. (1994). The relative contributions of children's behavior and peer evaluations to the sociometric evaluation process and children's memories of evaluated children. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Duncan, M. K., & Cohen, R. (1995). Liking within the peer group as a function of children's sociometric status and sex: Child Study Journal Vol 25(4) 1995, 265-287.
- Elenbaas, D. M. (1996). Types of aggression and their relationship to sociometric status in preadolescent girls. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Erhardt, D., & Hinshaw, S. P. (1994). Initial sociometric impressions of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and comparison boys: Predictions from social behaviors and from nonbehavioral variables: Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology Vol 62(4) Aug 1994, 833-842.
- Eronen, S., & Nurmi, J.-E. (2001). Sociometric status of young adults: Behavioural correlates, and cognitive-motivational antecedents and consequences: International Journal of Behavioral Development Vol 25(3) May 2001, 203-213.
- French, D. C. (1990). Heterogeneity of peer-rejected girls: Child Development Vol 61(6) Dec 1990, 2028-2031.
- Frentz, C., Gresham, F. M., & Elliott, S. N. (1991). Popular, controversial, neglected, and rejected adolescents: Contrasts of social competence and achievement differences: Journal of School Psychology Vol 29(2) Sum 1991, 109-120.
- Franz, D. Z., & Gross, A. M. (2001). Child sociometric status and parent behaviors: An observational study: Behavior Modification Vol 25(1) Jan 2001, 3-20.
- Geckova, A. M., Orosova, O. g., & Madaras, T. (2004). Selected issues of application of sociometry in school praxis: Ceskoslovenska Psychologie Vol 48(3) 2004, 263-277.
- Gershoni, J. (2003). Psychodrama in the 21st Century: Clinical and Educational Applications. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Co.
- Gifford-Smith, M. E. (1999). Developmental, gender, and sociometric status differences in children's teasing and aggressive behavior. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Harrist, A. W., Zaia, A. F., Bates, J. E., Dodge, K. A., & Pettit, G. S. (1997). Subtypes of social withdrawal in early childhood: Sociometric status and social-cognitive differences across four years: Child Development Vol 68(2) Apr 1997, 278-294.
- Hoff, K. E. (1999). The social affiliations of rejected youth in residential treatment: Investigating peer group structure through sociometric and social networking techniques. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Howe, T. R. (1996). Friendship quality, sociometric status, and loneliness in abused and non-abused children. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Hubbard, J. A. (1995). Emotion expression in children's peer interaction. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Inderbitzen, H. M., Walters, K. S., & Bukowski, A. L. (1997). The role of social anxiety in adolescent peer relations: Differences among sociometric status groups and rejected subgroups: Journal of Clinical Child Psychology Vol 26(4) Dec 1997, 338-348.
- Iverson, A. M., & Cook, G. L. (1994). Guardian consent for children's participation in sociometric research: Psychology in the Schools Vol 31(2) Apr 1994, 108-112.
- Jarvinen, D. W. (1995). The relationships of social-efficacy, social goals, and beliefs about the causes of social success to satisfaction and sociometric status in adolescent peer relations. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Juffer, F., Stams, G.-J. J. M., & van Ijzendoorn, M. H. (2004). Adopted children's problem behavior is significantly related to their ego resiliency, ego control, and sociometric status: Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry Vol 45(4) May 2004, 697-706.
- Kaya, A. (2007). Sociometric status, depression, and locus of control among Turkish early adolescents: Social Behavior and Personality Vol 35(10) 2007, 1405-1414.
- LaFontana, K. M., & Cillessen, A. H. N. (1999). Children's interpersonal perceptions as a function of sociometric and peer-perceived popularity: Journal of Genetic Psychology Vol 160(2) Jun 1999, 225-242.
- Lindsey, E. W., & Mize, J. (2001). Measuring parent-child mutuality during play. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers.
- Matza, L. S., Kupersmidt, J. B., & Glenn, D. M. (2001). Adolescents' perceptions and standards of their relationships with their parents as a function of sociometric status: Journal of Research on Adolescence Vol 11(3) 2001, 245-272.
- Mayr, T. (1992). Hyperactivity, aggressiveness, and peer status in preschool children: Zeitschrift fur Klinische Psychologie Vol 21(4) 1992, 392-410.
- McDonald, K. L., Putallaz, M., Grimes, C. L., Kupersmidt, J. B., & Coie, J. D. (2007). Girl talk: Gossip, friendship, and sociometric status: Merrill-Palmer Quarterly Vol 53(3) Jul 2007, 381-411.
- McHale, J. P., Kuersten-Hogan, R., & Lauretti, A. (2001). Evaluating coparenting and family-level dynamics during infancy and early childhood: The Coparenting and Family Rating System. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers.
- Meredith, W. H., Abbott, D. A., & Ming, Z. F. (1992). Self-concept and sociometric outcomes: A comparison of only children and sibling children from urban and rural areas in the People's Republic of China: Journal of Psychology: Interdisciplinary and Applied Vol 126(4) Jul 1992, 411-419.
- Merrell, K. W. (2001). Assessment of children's social skills: Recent developments, best practices, and new directions: Exceptionality Vol 9(1-2) Jun 2001, 3-18.
- Morais, M. d. L., Otta, E., & Scala, C. T. (2001). Sociometric status and peers' behavioral descriptions: A study of preschoolers' social competence: Psicologia: Reflexao e Critica Vol 14(1) 2001, 119-131.
- Musun-Miller, L. (1990). Sociometrics with preschool children: Agreement between different strategies: Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology Vol 11(2) Apr-Jun 1990, 195-207.
- Nabuzoka, D., & Smith, P. K. (1993). Sociometric status and social behaviour of children with and without learning difficulties: Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry Vol 34(8) Nov 1993, 1435-1448.
- Nelson, S. E., & Dishion, T. J. (2004). From boys to men: Predicting adult adaptation from middle childhood sociometric status: Development and Psychopathology Vol 16(2) Spr 2004, 441-459.
- Newcomb, A. F., Bukowski, W. M., & Pattee, L. (1993). Children's peer relations: A meta-analytic review of popular, rejected, neglected, controversial, and average sociometric status: Psychological Bulletin Vol 113(1) Jan 1993, 99-128.
- Parker, J. G., & Asher, S. R. (1993). Friendship and friendship quality in middle childhood: Links with peer group acceptance and feelings of loneliness and social dissatisfaction: Developmental Psychology Vol 29(4) Jul 1993, 611-621.
- Pellegrini, A. D. (1994). The rough play of adolescent boys of differing sociometric status: International Journal of Behavioral Development Vol 17(3) Sep 1994, 525-540.
- Pelletier, D., Vitaro, F., & Coutu, S. (1992). A threefold assessment of social problem solving skills in aggressive-rejected and prosocial-popular children: Cahiers de Psychologie Cognitive/Current Psychology of Cognition Vol 12(1) Feb 1992, 31-49.
- Pettit, G. S., Bakshi, A., Dodge, K. A., & Coie, J. D. (1990). The emergence of social dominance in young boys' play groups: Developmental differences and behavior correlates: Developmental Psychology Vol 26(6) Nov 1990, 1017-1025.
- Prinstein, M. J. (2007). Assessment of adolescents' preference- and reputation-based peer status using sociometric experts: Merrill-Palmer Quarterly Vol 53(2) Apr 2007, 243-261
- Putallaz, M., & Sheppard, B. H. (1990). Social status and children's orientations to limited resources: Child Development Vol 61(6) Dec 1990, 2022-2027.
- Rabiner, D. L., & Gordon, L. V. (1993). The relationship between children's social concerns and their social interaction strategies: Differences between rejected and accepted boys: Social Development Vol 2(2) Jul 1993, 83-95.
- Rabiner, D. L., Keane, S. P., & MacKinnon-Lewis, C. (1993). Children's beliefs about familiar and unfamiliar peers in relation to their sociometric status: Developmental Psychology Vol 29(2) Mar 1993, 236-243.
- Ray, G. E., Cohen, R., Secrist, M. E., & Duncan, M. K. (1997). Relating aggressive and victimization behaviors to children's sociometric status and friendships: Journal of Social and Personal Relationships Vol 14(1) Feb 1997, 95-108.
- Raybuck, C. S., & Hicks, G. F. (1994). KIDS CARE: Building resilience in children's environments: Journal of Alcohol and Drug Education Vol 39(3) Spr 1994, 34-45.
- Rican, P. (1996). Sociometric status of Gypsy children in ethnically mixed classes: Studia Psychologica Vol 38(3) 1996, 177-184.
- Robinson, S. L. (1999). Effects of positive statements made by peers on peer interactions and social status of children in a residential treatment setting. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Sabornie, E. J., Kauffman, J. M., & Cullinan, D. A. (1990). Extended sociometric status of adolescents with mild handicaps: A cross-categorical perspective: Exceptionality Vol 1(3) 1990, 197-209.
- Saile, H. (2007). Psychometric findings of the teacher version of "Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire" (SDQ-L). Validation by means of sociometric indices: Zeitschrift fur Entwicklungspsychologie und Padagogische Psychologie Vol 39(1) 2007, 25-32.
- Taylor, J. H. (1996). Moral climate and the development of moral reasoning: The effects of dyadic discussions between young offenders. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Volling, B. L., MacKinnon-Lewis, C., Rabiner, D., & Baradaran, L. P. (1993). Children's social competence and sociometric status: Further exploration of aggression, social withdrawal, and peer rejection: Development and Psychopathology Vol 5(3) Sum 1993, 459-483.
- Vulic-Prtoric, A. (1992). Analysis of correlation between anxiety, school performance and sociometric status of school children: Primijenjena Psihologija Vol 13(1-4) Mar 1992, 53-63.
- Weinfurt, K. P., & Bush, P. J. (1995). Peer assessment of early adolescents solicited to participate in drug trafficking: A longitudinal analysis: Journal of Applied Social Psychology Vol 25(24) Dec 1995, 2141-2157.
- Wu, X., Hart, C. H., Draper, T. W., & Olsen, J. A. (2001). Peer and teacher sociometrics for preschool children: Cross-informant concordance, temporal stability, and reliability: Merrill-Palmer Quarterly Vol 47(3) Jul 2001, 416-443.
- Zachariah, M., & Moreno, R. (2006). Finding My Place: The Use of Sociometric Choice and Sociodrama for Building Community in the School Classroom: Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama & Sociometry Vol 58(4) Win 2006, 157-167.