Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
- Description of subject matter covered:
- (From the website): Social Neuroscience features original articles that examine how the brain mediates social cognition, interpersonal exchanges, affective/cognitive group interactions, and related topics that deal with social/personality psychology.
- The goal of the journal is to provide a place to publish articles that intend to further our understanding of the role of the central nervous system in the development and maintenance of social behaviors.
- Submissions from all branches of neuroscience are encouraged, including (but not limited to) bio/neuropsychology, evolution, psychiatry, neurology, and neuroscience. Further, submissions that have brain-based empirical data in the fields of social and cognitive psychology, including social cognitive neuroscience, philosophy, or other humanities areas are encouraged.
- Articles published in Social Neuroscience cover all neuroscience techniques including neuroimaging methods (e.g., fMRI, PET, ERP, TMS), as well as more traditional neuroscience techniques (e.g., animal studies, case studies, psychiatric populations, post-mortem studies, pharmaceutical, agonist /antagonist).
- The journal focuses on both molar (i.e., regional cortical localization, neural networks) and molecular (i.e., neurotransmitter) research. All social behaviors are covered including all aspects of inter- and intra-personal relationships. Both environmental and genetic influences are presented. Abnormal behaviors and populations are focused on in terms of understanding social/brain relationships. Language, memory, attention and perception are appropriate topics if they relate to specific social behaviors or cognitions. Studies that approach social neuroscience from an environmental or genetic approach are equally appropriate, and related topics that deal with the interface of neuroscientific and social/personality investigations.
- Office address:
- Contact numbers:
- Web presence: Homepage
- Submission details: Here
- Publication frequency: Quarterly
- Language: English
- Cost etc.: