Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Sibling rivalry is a type of rivalry among siblings, blood-related or not. The likelihood of sibling rivalry is more if the siblings are of the same sex.
Origin of sibling rivalryEdit
- Constant comparision of the siblings by parents
- Competition for time, attention, love and approval of parents
- Sibling rivalry can cause family problems and hurt the children's relationship with their parents.
Famous sibling rivalry instancesEdit
- Cain and Abel from the Bible -- the sibling rivalry resulted in Cain killing Abel
- Asha Bhosle and Lata Mangeshkar are on friendly terms now, but during the zenith of their careers, they were huge rivals. See Asha_Bhosle#Rivalry_with_Lata_Mangeshkar
- ^ Sibling rivalry and everyone (and notonly parents) should care about this age-old problem by William Antonio Boyle, Ph.D.