Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
The sensitivity or insensitivity of a human, often considered with regard to a particular kind of stimulus, is the strength of the feeling it results in, in comparison with the strength of the stimulus. The concept applies to physical as well as emotional feeling.
- 1. Rapid perception with the senses, reacting to small changes.
- 2. Reacting appropriately to the emotions or situation of other people, tactful.
- 3. Readily getting hurt or upset.
- 4. A person with sensitive skin, which easily becomes painful or enflamed.
- 5. A person believed to have paranormal or parapsychological perception.
- 1. Not reacting to the emotions or situation of other people or not caring about others, tactless.
- 2. Not reacting to the needs of a customer.
- 3. Not reacting to something or not appreciating something.
- 4. Not experiencing physical sensations, numb.
See also sense.