Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
- Main article: Aptitude measures
The School and College Ability Test (SCAT), is a standardized test conducted in the United States, that measures math and verbal reasoning abilities.This test is for gifted children only. SCAT is a test to test your talent and to see if you are a gifted student. The schools can also recommend you to go to the CTY. It is used by the Center for Talented Youth (CTY) as an above-grade-level entrance exam for students in grades 2-6. You qualify to take this test if you get the 95th percentile or above on a standardized test. Here are the scores you need to get for the 2nd to 6th grade to go to the CTY summer courses:
- Grade 2 >= 435 SCAT Verbal or 440 SCAT Quantitative
- Grade 3 >= 440 SCAT Verbal or 445 SCAT Quantitative
- Grade 4 >= 445 SCAT Verbal or 455 SCAT Quantitative
- Grade 5 >= 455 SCAT Verbal or 465 SCAT Quantitative
- Grade 6 >= 465 SCAT Verbal or 485 SCAT Quantitative
- Grade 6 is part of middle school although appearing in many elementary programs
Some two year colleges require it for students who don't have a high school diploma.