Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Satisfaction is an emotional state that occurs when:
- Instinctive behavior has been expressed or
- drives have been reduced through activity.
- Expectations have been met or exceeded
It is the antithesis of frustration.
Satisfaction has been studied in a number of areas including:
- Client satisfaction
- Consumer satisfaction
- Job satisfaction
- Life satisfaction
- Marital satisfaction
- Need satisfaction
- Relationship satisfaction
- Sexual satisfaction
- Drive reduction theory
- Physical comfort
- Positive psychology
- ↑ Rycroft, C. (1995). Critical Dictionary of psychoanalysis. London:Penguin.