Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Sandra Ruth Lipsitz Bem, born on 22 June, 1944, is a Pennsylvanian psychologist known for many of her works in androgyny and gender studies, including the Bem Sex Role Inventory. She is currently a professor at Cornell University.
- Bem, Sandra L. (1974). The measurement of psychological androgyny. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 42, 155-62.
- Bem, Sandra L. and C. Watson. (1976). Scoring packet: Bem Sex Role Inventory. Unpublished Manuscript
- Bem, S. L. (1976). Sex typing and androgyny: Further explorations of the expressive domain. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 34, 1016.
- Bem, S. L. (1976). Sex typing and the avoidance of cross-sex behavior. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 33, 48.
- Bem, S. L. (1977). On the utility of alternative procedures for assessing psychological androgyny. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 54, 196-205
- Bem, S. L. (1977). The 1977 annual handbook for group facilitators.
- Bem , S. L. (1979). Theory and measurement of androgyny: A Reply to the Pedhazur- Tetenbaum and Locksley- Colten Critiques. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 37, 1047.
- Bem, S. L., & Andersen, S. M. (1981). Sex typing and androgyny in dyadic interaction: Individual differences in responsiveness to physical attractiveness. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 41, 74.
- Bem, S. L. (1981). Gender schema theory: A cognitive account of sex typing source. Psychological Review, 88, 354.
- Bem, S. L. (1981). The BSRI and gender schema theory: A reply to Spence and Helmreich. Psychological Review, 88, 369-71.
- Bem, S. L. (1982). Gender schema theory and self-schema theory compared: A comment on Markus, Crane, Bernstein, and Siladi's "Self-schemas and gender". Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 43,1192
- Bem S. L. (1989). Genital knowledge and gender constancy in preschool children. Child Development, 60, 3.
- Bem, S. L. (1993). The lenses of gender: Transforming the debate on sexual inequality. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press.
- Bem, S. L. (1995). Dismantling gender polarization and compulsory heterosexuality: Should we turn the volume down or up? Journal of Sex Research, 32, 329-334.
- Bem, S. L., Schellenberg, E. G., & Keil, J. M. (1995). "Innocent victims" of AIDS: Identifying the subtext. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 25, 1790-1800.
- Chesler, P., Rothblum, E. D., & Cole, E. ( 1995). Feminist foremothers in women's studies, psychology, and mental health. New York: Haworth Press.
- Frable, D. E. S. and Bem, S. L. (1985). If you are gender schematic, all members of the opposite sex look alike. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 49, 459.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|