Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
The sadomasochistic personality show a marked interest and involvement in sadomaochism and may be considered to suffer from a personality disorder if these interests interfere with their ability to manage their everyday lives to a sufficient degree.
- Bach, S. (1991). On sadomasochistic object relations. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press.
- Brenner, C. (1991). The masochistic character: Genesis and treatment. Madison, CT: International Universities Press, Inc.
- Gross, H. S. (1974). Depressive and sadomasochistic personalities. Oxford, England: Williams & Wilkins.
- Fiester, S. J., & Gay, M. (1995). Sadistic personality disorder. New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Joseph, B. (1988). Addiction to near-death. Florence, KY: Taylor & Frances/Routledge.
- Sacksteder, J. L. (1989). Sadomasochistic relatedness to the body in anorexia nervosa. Madison, CT: International Universities Press, Inc.
- Berg, T. (1987). Autonomy and loyalty: A family-dynamic study on the role of identification in the borderline disorder: Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening Vol 24(6) Jun 1987, 363-371.
- Gerisch, B. (1996). "What is my life if you leave me." Suicidality and female sadomasochistic relationship structures: Forum der Psychoanalyse: Zeitschrift fur klinische Theorie & Praxis Vol 12(3) Sep 1996, 242-258.
- Hill, A., Habermann, N., Berner, W., & Briken, P. (2006). Sexual Sadism and Sadistic Personality Disorder in Sexual Homicide: Journal of Personality Disorders Vol 20(6) Dec 2006, 671-684.
- Kennedy, H. (1986). Trauma in childhood: Signs and sequelae as seen in the analysis of an adolescent: The Psychoanalytic Study of the Child Vol 41 1986, 209-219.
- Klooster, G. T. (2003). 'Anyhow, nobody has dropped dead!' Looking back upon an exciting therapy or boxing match with a wrathful woman: Tijdschrift voor Psychotherapie Vol 29(4) Jul 2003, 301-308.
- Kulcsar, S. I. (1976). De Sade and Eichmann: Mental Health & Society Vol 3(1-2) 1976, 102-113.
- Novick, K. K., & Novick, J. (1998). An application of the concept of the therapeutic alliance to sadomasochistic pathology: Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association Vol 46(3) Sum 1998, 813-846.
- Wurmser, L. (2003). The annihilating power of absoluteness: Superego analysis in the severe neuroses, especially in character perversion: Psychoanalytic Psychology Vol 20(2) Spr 2003, 214-235.