Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Russell Fazio was born on October 9, 1952 in Utica, New York and went on to receive his bachelor’s degree from Cornell University in 1974 wherein he graduated summa cum laude. For graduate school, Fazio attended Princeton University where he received his M.A. in 1976 and Ph.D in Social Psychology from the university's Department of Psychology. Fazio was a member of Phi Beta Kappa, and was awarded Porter Ogden Jacobus Fellowship, and NSF Graduate Fellowship.
The research program of Fazio is centered on the study of attitudes. The research is focused on the influence that attitudes have upon attention, categorization, judgment, behavior and the functional value of such attitudes. He is also conducting research on the implicit development of attitudes through classical conditioning, and the formation of attitude through exploratory behavior, as well as the implicit measures of attitude.
Between 1978 and 1981 Russell Fazio worked as Assistant Professor of Psychology at Indiana University. 1981-1985 Fazio worked as Associate Professor of Psychology at Indiana University. From 1985-2001 Fazio was Professor of Psychology and Cognitive Sciences. In November 1997 Fazio was visiting professor at the University of Exeter. 2001-2002 was a Distinguished Professor of Social and Behavioral Sciences in the Psychology department of Ohio State University. Fazio is currently the Harold E. Burtt Professor of Psychology at Ohio State University.
Fazio has been a member of these organizations:
- APA Division 8 Publications Committee (Member, 1985-1987, Chair, 1988)
- NIMH Mental Health Behavioral Sciences Research Review Committee, 1988-92
- Committee on Science Initiatives, Society for Personality and Social Psychology, 1990-92
- NIMH Workshop on Integrating Social Psychological Theory in AIDS Research, 1994
- National Science Foundation Workshop on Global Change, 1994
- Fellows Committee, Society for Personality and Social Psychology, 1996-98
- NIH Behavioral and Social Sciences Review Integration Panel, 1998
- APA Early Career Award Selection Panel, 2000
- Executive Committee, Society of Experimental Social Psychology, 2002-05
- Membership Committee (Chair), Society of Experimental Social Psychology, 2003-05
- ↑ (2008). Recognizing Excellence. Retrieved April 23, 2008, from 2008 University Distinguished Scholar Awards Web site: http://www.osu.edu/facultystaff/university_awards/2008/scholar.php
- ↑ Fazio, R (Jan. 20 2006). Russell H. Fazio. Ph.D. . Retrieved April 23, 2008, from Professional Profile Web site: http://fazio.socialpsychology.org/
- ↑ Russell H. Fazio. Ph.D. . Retrieved April 23, 2008, from Harold E. Burtt Professor of Psychology Web site: http://www.psy.ohio-state.edu/fazio/size2/page.htm