Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Russell A. Barkley, Ph.D., is a Clinical Professor in the Departments of Psychiatry and Pediatrics at the Medical University of South Carolina. Involved in research since 1973 and a licensed psychologist since 1977, he is an expert on attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and has devoted much of his scientific career to studying ADHD and related problems in children.
He received his first citation for his clinical studies on the effects of medication on ADHD children in 1977; his research interests also include childhood defiance. Author of 15 books and more than 180 scientific papers, Barkley edits The ADHD Report and over time has taken on an increasing role in educating the general public about ADHD. According to the Web of Science, his articles have been cited over 9000 times, leading to an h-index of over 55.
Dr. Barkley has admitted to accepting monetary compensation from drug companies whose products are marketed to treat ADHD.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Adults: The Latest Assessment and Treatment Strategies, ISBN 978-0-7637-6564-4.
- ADHD and the Nature of Self Control, ISBN 978-1-57230-250-1.
- ADHD in Adults: What the Science Says, ISBN 978-1-59385-586-4.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Handbook for Diagnosis and Treatment, ISBN 978-1-59385-210-8.
- Defiant Children, Second Edition: A Clinician’s Manual for Assessment and Parent Training, and Child Psychopathology, ISBN 978-1-57230-123-8.
- Executive Functions: What They Are, How They Work, and Why They Evolved, ISBN 978-1-4625-0535-7.
- Taking Charge of ADHD: The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents, ISBN 978-1-57230-560-1.
- Taking Charge of Adult ADHD, ISBN 978-1-60623-338-2.
- C. Anderson Aldrich Award, 1996, from the American Academy of Pediatrics for outstanding research in child health and human development.
- Distinguished Contribution Award to Research, 1998, by the Section of Clinical Child Psychology of the American Psychological Association
- Science Dissemination Award, 2003, from the Society for Scientific Clinical Psychology of the American Psychological Association
- ↑ Southall, Angela (2007). The Other Side of ADHD: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Exposed and Explained, Radcliffe Publishing Ltd..
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|