Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Definitions and associations of rule of interest to psychologists include
- Rewrite rule, in generative grammar and computer science
- Standardization, a formal and widely-accepted statement, fact, definition, or qualification
- Operation, a determinate rule (method) for performing a mathematical operation and obtaining a certain result (Mathematics, Logic)
- Rule of inference, a function from sets of formulae to formulae (Mathematics, Logic)
- Rule of thumb, principle with broad application that is not intended to be strictly accurate or reliable for every situation. Also often simply referred to as a rule
- Moral, an atomic element of a moral code for guiding choices in human behavior
- Heuristic, a quantized "rule" which shows a tendency or probability for successful function
- Norm (sociology), an informal but widely accepted rule, concept, truth, definition, or qualification (social norms, legal norms, coding norms)
- Norm (philosophy), a kind of sentence or a reason to act, feel or believe