Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Remarriage occurs where people marry for a second or subsequent time. This raises questions of adjustment, particlarly where two existing families are brought together.
- Ahrons, C. R., & Wallisch, L. (1987). Parenting in the binuclear family: Relationships between biological and stepparents. In Remarriage and stepparenting: Current research and theory (pp. 225-256). New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Andersen, J. (1997). An exploratory analysis of courtship for remarriage and subsequent remarital satisfaction. Andersen, Jamie: Auburn U, US.
- Anderson, E. R., & Greene, S. M. (1999). Children of stepparents and blended families. In Developmental issues in the clinical treatment of children (pp. 342-357). Needham Heights, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
- Bawin-Legros, B. (1992). From marriage to remarriage: Ruptures and continuities in parenting. In European parents in the 1990s: Contradictions and comparisons (pp. 229-242). New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Publishers.
- Beer, W. R. (1988). Relative strangers: Studies of stepfamily processes. Savage, MD, England: Rowman & Littlefield/Rowman and All.
- Bernstein, A. C. (1989). Yours, mine, and ours: How families change when remarried parents have a child together. New York, NY, England: Charles Scribner'S Sons.
- Bernstein, A. C. (2000). Remarriage: Redesigning couplehood. In Couples on the fault line: New directions for therapists (pp. 284-311). New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Blackstone-Ford, J., Ford, M., Ford, A., & Ford, S. (1997). My parents are divorced, too: A book for kids by kids. Washington, DC: Magination Press/American Psychological Association.
- Bray, J. H., & Berger, S. H. (1993). Nonresidential parent-child relationships following divorce and remarriage: A longitudinal perspective. In Nonresidential parenting: New vistas in family living (pp. 156-181). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Cartwright, C. (2008). Resident parent-child relationships in stepfamilies. In The international handbook of stepfamilies:Policy and practice in legal, research, and clinical environments (pp. 208-230). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Cath, S. H. (2001). Countertransferences: Stepfathers in midlife and beyond. In Stepparenting: Creating and recreating families in America today (pp. 113-118). New York, NY: The Analytic Press/Taylor & Francis Group.
- Cherlin, A. J. (1992). Marriage, divorce, remarriage (rev. and enl. ed.). Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Gabe, G., & Lipman-Blumen, J. (2004). Making adult stepfamilies work: Strategies for the whole family when a parent marries later in life. New York, NY: St Martin's Press.
- Ganong, L. H., & Coleman, M. (1994). Remarried family relationships. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Ganong, L. H., & Coleman, M. (1999). Changing families, changing responsibilities: Family obligations following divorce and remarriage. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers.
- Ganong, L. H., & Coleman, M. (2000). Remarried families. In Close relationships: A sourcebook (pp. 155-168). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Everett, C. A. (2006). Rebalancing the postdivorce family when the first spouse remarries: Systemic family interventions. In When marriages fail: Systemic family therapy interventions and issues: A tribute to William C Nichols (pp. 205-215). New York, NY: Haworth Press.
- Everett, C. A., Livingston, S. E., & Bowen, L. D. (2005). Separation, Divorce, and Remarriage. In Family therapy review: Preparing for comprehensive and licensing examinations (pp. 257-275). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers.
- Fredericson, I., & Handlon, J. H. (1994). Working with the remarried couple system. In On intimate ground: A Gestalt approach to working with couples (pp. 210-228). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Furstenberg, F. F., Jr. (1987). The new extended family: The experience of parents and children after remarriage. In Remarriage and stepparenting: Current research and theory (pp. 42-61). New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Furstenberg, F. F., Jr. (1988). Child care after divorce and remarriage. In Impact of divorce, single parenting, and stepparenting on children (pp. 245-261). Hillsdale, NJ, England: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.
- Ganong, L., Coleman, M., & Hans, J. (2006). Divorce as Prelude to Stepfamily Living and the Consequences of Redivorce. In Handbook of divorce and relationship dissolution (pp. 409-434). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers.