Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Redundancy, in general terms, refers to the quality or state of being redundant, that is: exceeding what is necessary or normal; or duplication. This can have a negative connotation, especially in rhetoric: superfluous or repetitive; or a positive implication, especially in engineering: serving as a duplicate for preventing failure of an entire system.
The term redundancy is used, with variations on the above meanings, in the following fields:
- Redundancy (user interfaces)
- Database normalization, the elimination of redundancy in databases
- Redundancy (information theory)
Psychology of languageEdit
- Downsizing - layoffs due to organizational change.
- Redundancy (total quality management)
- Redundancy (law), a reason for dismissal of an employee in the United Kingdom
- Voluntary redundancy