Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Recognition of human individuals involves physical recognition, such as visual, auditory, or behavior recognition.
Recognition of acquaintances Edit
Other differences in appearance may also impede recognition:
- usually most of the body is covered with clothing, which varies from day to day;
- body parts other than the face that are uncovered, such as hands, are not as easy to use to tell people apart;
- the arrangement of the hair also helps recognizing people, but, like clothing, a person may vary this, and it may also be covered by headgear.
People can also fairly well be recognized by voice. The combination of visual and auditive recognition is even more effective and often removes any doubts. From longer distances, people can be recognized by their body size and shape and their gait.
- comparing the face with that on a passport photograph
- DNA fingerprinting
- Iris scan
- Retina scan
- other biometrics
- pattern recognition
- face perception
- identity (social science)
- identity document
- digital identityde:Biometrie
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|