Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
RQDA is an R package for computer assisted qualitative data analysis or CAQDAS. It is installable from, and runs within, the R system, but has a separate window running a graphical user interface (through RGtk2).
In the graphical interface it has the following functions:
- Import documents from plain text
- Support non-English documents, Simplified Chinese Character is well-tested under Windows
- Support character-level coding
- Memos for documents, codes, coding, project, files etc.
- Retrieve coding, and easily gets back to the original file. Conditional retrieval is supported as well.
- Single-file (*.rqda) format, which is basically the SQLite database
- Categorize codes (tree-like categories are avoided)
- Categorize files
- Search files by keywords and can highlight keyword in the open file
- Show attributes of files, which is useful for content analysis
- Categorise cases and related attributes of cases (to bridge qualitative and quantitative research)
- Search information about selected cases from the web
- Rename files, codes, code categories, cases etc.
- Write and organize fieldwork journals
Through use of R functions, it can:
- Import a batch of files
- Calculate the relation between two codings, given the coding indexes
- Give a summary of coding and inter-code relationship.
- Export file/case attributes and show subset of files/cases.
- Allow for more flexible conditional retrieval.
- Boolean operations of and, or and not.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|