Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
QDA Miner is a qualitative data analysis software package for coding, annotating, retrieving and analyzing small and large collections of documents and images. QDA Miner may be used to analyze interview or focus-group transcripts, legal documents, journal articles, even entire books, as well as drawing, photographs, paintings, and other types of visual documents. Its seamless integration with SimStat, a statistical data analysis tool, and WordStat, a content analysis and text-mining module, gives a great flexibility for analyzing text and relating its content to structured information, including numerical and categorical data.
QDA Miner was first released in 2004 after being developed by Normand Peladeau. The latest version 4 was released in December 2011. QDA Miner is a widely used software for qualitative research. It is used by market researchers, survey companies, government, education researchers, crime and fraud detection experts, journalists and others.
The data typically used with this qualitative research software comes from (among others), journal articles, script from TV or radio news, social media (such as Facebook, Twitter or reviews from websites), interviews or focus group transcripts and open-ended questions from surveys.
- QDA Miner 1: January 2004
- QDA Miner 2: June 2006
- QDA Miner 3: October 2007
- QDA Miner 4: December 2011
- Import different formats of documents and images: PDF, Word, Excel, HTML, RTF, SPSS files, JPEG, etc.
- Text retrieval tools: Keyword Retrieval, Query-by-Example, Cluster Extraction.
- Statistical functions: Coding frequencies, cluster analysis, coding sequences, coding by variables.
- Visualization tools: multidimensional scaling, heatmaps, correspondence analysis graphic, proximity plot.
- GeoTagging (GIS) and Time-Tagging tools
- Report manager tool to store queries and analysis results, tables and graphs, research notes and quotes.