Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
As psychologists we know the importance of teaching, social modelling, and environment on development.
In this section we look to make clear the lineages within psychology in the spirit of rock family trees.
See also - Psychologist couples
See also - Psychologist relations
- Franz Brentano and Hermann Lotze ---> Carl Stumpf --->Max Wertheimer, Kurt Koffka, Wolfgang Köhler and Kurt Lewin
- Donald Olding Hebb
- Wilhelm Wundt Many important psychologists went to Liepzig University to be educated by him. They include:
- George Herbert Mead (one of the founders of social psychology
- Oswald Külpe (a German professor at the University of Würzburg);
- James McKeen Cattell (the first professor of psychology in the United States),
- G. Stanley Hall (the father of the child psychology movement and adolescent developmental theorist, head of Clark University),
- Charles Hubbard Judd (Director of the School of Education at the University of Chicago), Hugo Münsterberg (who contributed to the development of industrial psychology and taught at Harvard University),
- Edward Bradford Titchener (who founded the first psychology laboratory in the United States at Cornell University),
- Lightner Witmer (founder of the first psychological clinic in his country);
- Charles Spearman (Englishman who who developed the two-factor theory of intelligence and several important statistical analyses - see Factor analysis, Spearman's rank correlation coefficient);
- Constantin Rădulescu-Motru (Romanian Personalist philosopher and head of the Philosophy department at the University of Bucharest).