Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
As psychologists we know the importance of teaching, social modelling, and environment on development.
In this section we look to make clear the lineages within psychology.
See also - Psychologist couples
See also - Psychologist relations
- Franz Brentano and Hermann Lotze ---> Carl Stumpf --->Max Wertheimer, Kurt Koffka, Wolfgang Köhler and Kurt Lewin
- Donald Olding Hebb
- Wilhelm Wundt Many important psychologists went to Liepzig University to be educated by him. They include:
- I. Madison Bentley
- George Herbert Mead (one of the founders of social psychology
- Oswald Külpe (a German professor at the University of Würzburg);
- James McKeen Cattell (the first professor of psychology in the United States),
- G. Stanley Hall (the father of the child psychology movement and adolescent developmental theorist, head of Clark University),
- Charles Hubbard Judd (Director of the School of Education at the University of Chicago), Hugo Münsterberg (who contributed to the development of industrial psychology and taught at Harvard University),
- Edward Bradford Titchener (who founded the first psychology laboratory in the United States at Cornell University),
- Lightner Witmer (founder of the first psychological clinic in his country);
- Charles Spearman (Englishman who who developed the two-factor theory of intelligence and several important statistical analyses - see Factor analysis, Spearman's rank correlation coefficient);
- Constantin Rădulescu-Motru (Romanian Personalist philosopher and head of the Philosophy department at the University of Bucharest).