Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
A very wide range of research methods are used in psychology.
Some of the approaches include:
- Laboratory experimentation
- Correlational research
- Observational study, in which researchers study a population while attempting to change as little as possible.
- Experimental study, in which researchers change a variable in the group being studied.
- Prospective study, in which a study samples subjects as the experiment progresses. Cf. Retrospective study.
- Retrospective study, in which data is collected on subjects' histories at one time. Cf. Prospective study.
- Longitudinal study, in which subjects are studied over a course of time. Cf. Cross-sectional study.
- Cross-sectional study, in which a snapshot of the population is assumed to represent individuals as they progress through life. See also Longitudinal study.
- Meta analysis
- Qualitative research
- Computer simulation
- Concepts and Termscs:Metody výzkumu v psychologii
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|