Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Psychiatric epidemiology is a branch of epidemiology focusing in the prevalence, incidence etc if clinical mental health disorders
Psychiatric epidemiology by group
Psychiatric epidemiology by problem
On this wiki there are is a page reviewing the epidemiological research for each DSM-IV Diagnosis (the full list can be viewed at category:Mental health epidemiology):
- Anxiety - Epidemiology
- Depression - Epidemiology
- Personality disorder - Epidemiology
- Schizophrenia - Epidemiology
References & Bibliography
- Frances A. Problems in defining clinical significance in epidemiological studies. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1998; 55:119.
- Kessler RC, McGonagle KA, Zhao S, Nelson CB, Hughes M, Eshleman S et al. Lifetime and 12-month prevalence of DSM-III-R psychiatric disorders in the United States. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1994; 51:8–19.
- Regier DA, Myers JK, Kramer M, Robins LN, Blazer DG, Hough RL et al. The NIMH Epidemiologic Catchment Area program: historical context, major objectives, and study population characteristics. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1984; 41:934–941.
- Roberts RE, Attkisson CC, Rosenblatt A. Prevalence of psychopathology among children and adolescents. Am J Psychiatry 1998;155(6):715–25.Text