Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Professional standards are specifications as to the minimum level of performance acceptable for professional personnel in the conduct of their professional duties. Failure to maintain these standards may lead to professional liability claims.
Factors helping to maintain standardsEdit
- Peer evaluation
- Clear statements of professional ethics
- Membership of professional organisations
- Professional supervision
- Clear treatment guidelines
Reasons for standards not being maintainedEdit
Quality of service can be compromised for many reasons these would include :
- Compassion fatigue
- Professional client sexual relations
- Professional competence is compromised perhaps by health problems or difficulties with drugs and alcohol See: Impaired professionals