Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Difficulties in alchohol use are widespread and it is important that all professional psychologists in healthcare, education and industry have the skills to identify problem drinking, both amongst their peers and their clients and are able to provide effective referral, support and treatment.
For example 25% of all hospitalized patients have a significant alcohol problem, regardless of admitting diagnosis or presenting problem. And an estimated 20% or patients in a primary care or family practice have a significant alcohol problem. See Epidemiological studies of alcohol use
References & Bibliography
Kinney J; Price TRP; Whybrow PC; Linsey S. Hanover NH: (1986). Project CORK: A Case Study in Designing and Implementing an Alcohol Curriculum for Medical Education.Project Cork Institute, Dartmouth Medical School Full text
- Bergen BJ and Price TRP(1980) Kinney J. Medical students' conflicting perceptions of alcoholic patients. Journal of Medical Education,55(11): 954-956,
- Bergen BJ and Price TRP(1982)A perspective on medical students' perceptions of alcoholics and alcoholism.Journal of Studies on Alcohol 43(5): 488-496.Full text
- Kinney J; Price TRP; Bergen BJ.(1984).Impediments to alcohol education.Journal of Studies on Alcohol 45(5): 453-459, .
- Kinney J and Peltier D.A (1986). Model alcohol program for the college health service.Journal of American College Health 34(5): 229-233.
- Rolett V and Kinney J.A (1987). Sampler of alcohol literature.Journal of American College Health 36(2): 132-135,.
- Rolett V and Kinney J.(1987).Selected resources on alcohol and alcoholism for college health services.Journal of American College Health 36(2): 136-139,
- Kinney J and Meilman PW.(1987).Alcohol use and alcohol problems: Clinical approaches for the college health service.Journal of American College Health 36(2): 73-82,
- Kinney,J (1988).The Busy Physicians' Guide to the Management of Alcohol Problems. Chicago: American Medical Association, Department of Substance Abuse and NIAAA, HTML PDF
- Kinney J and Kurzman P.(1989) Bibliography and Resource Guide on Alcohol and Other Drugs for Social Work Educators.Rockville MD: OSAP,