Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
References & Bibliography
- Bonner, R.L. (1992). Isolation, seclusion, and psychosocial vulnerability as risk factors for suicide behind bars. In R.W. Maris, A.L. Berman, J.T. Maltsberger, & R.I. Yufit (Eds.), Assessment and prediction of suicide (pp.398-419). New York: Guilford Press.
- Bonner, R.L. (2000). Correctional suicide prevention in the year 2000 and beyond. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior, 30, 370-376.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics. (1995). Jails and jail inmates, 1993-1994. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Justice.
- Condelli, W.S., Bradigan, B., & Holanchock, H. (1997). Intermediate care programs to reduce risk and better manage inmates with psychiatric disorders. Behavioral Science Law, 15, 459-467.
- Cox, J.F., & Morschauser, P.C. (1997). A solution to the problem of jail suicide. Crisis, 18, 178-184.
- Hayes, L.M. (1995). Prison Suicide: An overview and guide to prevention. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Justice, National Institute of Corrections. Hayes, L.M. (1997). From chaos to calm: One jail system's struggle with suicide prevention. Behavioral Sciences & the Law, 15, 399-413.
- Hayes, L.M. (1999). Suicide in adult correctional facilities: Key ingredients to prevention and overcoming the obstacles. Journal of Law, Medicine, and Ethics, 27, 260-268.
- Hayes, L.M., & Rowan, J.R. (1988). National study of jail suicides: Seven years later. Alexandria, VA: National Center for Institutions and Alternatives
- World Health Organization. (2000d). Preventing suicide: A resource for prison officers (WHO/MNH/MBD/00.5). Geneva: World Health Organization, Department of Mental Health.