Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
According to researcher Michael Decaire, "The correctional psychologist's primary mission is to assist in offender rehabilitation and reintegration." The correctional psychologist’s primary mission is to assist in offender rehabilitation and reintegration. Additionally, the psychologist enhances staff and inmate safety by promoting a healthy institutional environment.
The prison psychologist clearly has varied responsibilities:
- Their primary focus is their application of direct psychological services with inmates,
- evaluation of the prison population,
- inmate management,
- release evaluation and recommendations.
- ↑ http://www.uplink.com.au/lawlibrary/Documents/Docs/Doc93.html
- ↑ Hawk, K. M. (1997). Personal reflections on a career in correctional psychology. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 28(4), 335-337