Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
- 1990-The emergence of managed care prompts the APA to become more political, leading to the idea of Prescribing Psychologists and equity in mental health coverage.
- 1995-First Psychologists prescribe medication through the U.S. military's psychopharmacology program.
- 1999-Psychologists in Guam gain prescription privileges for psychotropic medication.
- 2002-New Mexico becomes the first state to pass legislation allowing licensed psychologists to prescribe psychotropic medication.
- Prescribing (drugs)
- Prescription drugs
- Prescriptive authority for psychologists movement
- Prescribing rights for psychologists course
- Procedures for awarding prescribing rights to clinical psychologists by country
- Pagliaro, L(1998) Psychologists' Psychotropic Drug Reference. Routledge. ISBN 0876309643
- American Psychological Association (2011). Practice guidelines regarding psychologists’ involvement in pharmacological issues. American psychologist, 66(9), 835-849. doi: 10.1037/a0025890
- Ericson, Robert. (2002 ). Prescription Privilege Based on Proven Model. Albuquerque Journal.
- Fagan, T.J., Ax, R.K, Liss, M., Resnick, R.J., Moody, S.. (2007). Prescriptive authority and preferences for training. Professional psychology: Research and practice, 38(1), 104-111.
- Fox, R.E., DeLeon, P.H., Newman, R., Sammons, M.T., Dunivin, D.L., Backer, D.C.. (2009). Prescriptive authority and psychology: A status report. American Psychologist, 64(4), 257-268.
- Heiby, E., DeLeon, P., and Anderson, T. (2004). A Debate on Prescription Privileges for Psychologists. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 35(4), 336.
- Holloway, Jennifer. (2004). Gaining prescriptive knowledge. Monitor on Psychology, 35(6), 22
- King, Craig. (2006). Prescriptive Authority for Psychologists Working in the Public Sector: Is it Needed? Public Service Psychology, 31(1), 2.
- Munsey, Christopher (June, 2006). "RxP legislation made historic progress in Hawaii". APA Monitor. Retrieved 4/11/2007.
- Murray, Bridget (October 2003). "A Brief History of RxP". APA Monitor. Retrieved 4/11/2007.
- NAPPP. (2006). NAPPP Sponsors Prescriptive Authority Legislation. Retrieved July 28, 2007.
- Soares, Christine (July, 2002). "Inner Turmoil: Prescription privileges make some psychologists anxious". Scientific American.